Chris Packham reaches a new low

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has issued a correction over night , but still bad form. He's suggesting it wasn't him that posted it- but I'm not convinced :

IMG_1253.JPG

Note the wording "was posted on this account" and not "I posted on this account" so either he has someone else running the account or his ego won't allow him to admit he was wrong Edited by Twistedsanity

Guest cookoff013

guys,

there is nothing new here, if you trawl through all his facebook there is the same statement a few years ago.

how did he get the fact that lapwing are being shot? where is the evidence? not a sausage.

guys,

there is nothing new here, if you trawl through all his facebook there is the same statement a few years ago.

how did he get the fact that lapwing are being shot? where is the evidence? not a sausage.

^ what this man says

To be fare I was quite impressed with the governments response. Put mr packham straight back in his box

guys,

I think it was a deliberate ploy to smear the shooting fraternity, knowing that most folk would read and believe - damage being done. He's issued that mealy mouthed retraction but a lot of the damage will have already been done. I'm convinced it was deliberate!!

Guest cookoff013

more than likely it was "deliberate". but the thing that is very worrying is the birds themselves, why did Packham pick shooting and lapwing?

with a little googlefu i googled "shooting and lapwing", and nothing came up. there is not even a shred of evidence. There an eyewitness account from 2004, that 2 guys raised there guns, and apparently fired... but that was a forum post from some

birdwatchers. and it was already stated no-one saw anything be hit or carried off.

i am gobsmacked that such a character would publicly do, what he did.

I have remarked over the last month or so that I have never seen so many over wintering Lapwings. A journey over the flat lands along the M180 will reveal many hundreds along with even more Golden plover.

Packham knows perfectly well what he is doing by releasing disinformation like this.

last year i reported seeing an increase in plover/lapwings...........this year (a while ago now) i have seen the 2 or 3 flocks DOUBLE IN SIZE....saw one flock with about 150 in it when i was driving up the acle straight to yarmouth......really lovely to see...

But u could same a lot of the same things about the grouse shooting petion that did get 100K signatures/clicks,, it had been ran for the previous 3/4 years and never got anywhere near the signatures.

Lapwings are decreasing, must admit i thought it was somewhere nearer the 80% decline, but its almost entirely due to predation (as proved by GWCT at there Otterburn study)

If it wasn't for grouse moors breeding lapwings and many other breeding waders would really be struggling.as sadly there about the only places there thriving.

found on FB......

A BBC body swerve!

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns regarding Chris Packham’s recent tweet about lapwings.

Chris’s association with the BBC is primarily for the Watches’ programmes, where he helps to explain the science of nature. This is separate from his work outside of and independent to the BBC.

Outside of his BBC commitments he is an independent broadcaster and a respected naturalist in his own right.

His personal Twitter account has no connection to the BBC or any of the Watches’ social media accounts and we remain confident that our audience is able to distinguish between Chris as a presenter on a BBC series and his personally expressed views as a naturalist.

We hope this explains our position and thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

BBC Complaints Team

There will be an appeal mechanism to a higher authority against this decision, the above email will probably be an individuals response, but is not signed by an individual!........so the "BBC complaints team" and/or the individual member of the "BBC complaints team" who wrote the response is hiding behind the collective responsibility of the BBC...........who are closing ranks?

Packham is employed by the BBC (whose claim is they do not allow campaigning and are unbiased) as a wildlife presenter....................at the same time Packham, who is personally associated strongly by the general public with the BBC, misuses the high profile he has gained at the expense of BBC licence payers in support of various extreme wildlife protectionist campaigns and to promote a biased anti shooting agenda through the media!..........If this does not compromise the BBC's integrity, reputation and independence, I don't know what does!

So the BBC have never previously got rid of a presenter/employee who's conduct has bought the BBC'S independence/reputation/integrity into question? I think we could all name a few? why not Packham?

Edited by panoma1