Fieldstick Ideas?

Hi chaps,

In this week's shooting times was an advert for a very handy looking stick, I went to the website and was a little bit put off by the price at £120-155.

I really like the idea of keeping my coat and gunslip up off the ground, more than it being a walking stick, and the magnet cartridge holders don't float my boat either.

I was thinking of adapting a broken garden fork by cutting off 3 of the prongs, anyone made similar or have a good idea for making One?

Sorry for low quality photo

post-78249-0-63186800-1483982495_thumb.jpg

Not a bad idea, the only problem I see is that most forks and spades are kinked slightly, but with a bit of heat you could maybe solve that problem. One of those small border forks would do. I agree with you the price is absolutely stupid. Ash fork handle from Countrywide stores or your local farm supply. Personally never seen the need for such however. 60 shells (410) in my right hand pocket and I am good to go.

I made the type of stick your after. Get to a local fabricator and see if they can make you a spiked stainless steel tube with a foot bracket to push into the ground. IIRC used stainless steel Electrictcal conduit for mine nice and light and about the right size to fit your stick into. I'll post a pic of it, only thing I never done was put magnets into the tops of the fork to hold a pair of carts.

I made the type of stick your after. Get to a local fabricator and see if they can make you a spiked stainless steel tube with a foot bracket to push into the ground. IIRC used stainless steel Electrictcal conduit for mine nice and light and about the right size to fit your stick into. I'll post a pic of it, only thing I never done was put magnets into the tops of the fork to hold a pair of carts.

I'd be very interested to see the photo, I don't think that the magnetic cartridges holder on the top is of much merit to be fair.

• 2 weeks later...