#1 aldivalloch

aldivalloch
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 14-December 10

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:18 PM

Can anyone help or advise me?

A friend dragged his old (boyhood!) Meteor out into the daylight at the weekend, only to find that the rear sight has suffered damage whilst in storage - it's now cracked through where the roll-pin secures it to the lug on the top of the breech.

It's the plastic adjustable-for-elevation-and-windage type, and a cursory glance at the T W Chambers site indicates that replacements are no longer available.

I've tried to glue it using two-pack stuff similar to Araldite, but it won't hold - perhaps the glue's not compatible with the type of plastic.

Does anyone have any suggestions before we start trawling Ebay, etc, for a second-hand replacement?

Edited by aldivalloch, 10 January 2017 - 11:18 PM.

#2 krugerandsmith

krugerandsmith
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1480 posts
  • Joined 16-September 09

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:27 AM

Can anyone help or advise me?

A friend dragged his old (boyhood!) Meteor out into the daylight at the weekend, only to find that the rear sight has suffered damage whilst in storage - it's now cracked through where the roll-pin secures it to the lug on the top of the breech.

It's the plastic adjustable-for-elevation-and-windage type, and a cursory glance at the T W Chambers site indicates that replacements are no longer available.

I've tried to glue it using two-pack stuff similar to Araldite, but it won't hold - perhaps the glue's not compatible with the type of plastic.

Does anyone have any suggestions before we start trawling Ebay, etc, for a second-hand replacement?

John Knibbs .... Earlier Meteor £28.

#3 aldivalloch

aldivalloch
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 14-December 10

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:53 AM

John Knibbs .... Earlier Meteor £28.

Excellent! I'll pass this information on.

Many thanks for your help.

#4 ditchman

ditchman
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts
  • Joined 18-March 08

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

also i think you can get the uprated METAL sight.................

#5 aldivalloch

aldivalloch
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 14-December 10

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

also i think you can get the uprated METAL sight.................

Do you happen to have details of a seller, ditchman?

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

#6 ditchman

ditchman
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts
  • Joined 18-March 08

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:25 PM

Do you happen to have details of a seller, ditchman?

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

as K smith said.............a lot of the parts are interchangeble with other models.............J Knibbs......google it...you will get exploded diagrams........failing that i will give you a tele number of a smith who will get the stuff for you...

#7 aldivalloch

aldivalloch
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 14-December 10

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:52 AM

as K smith said.............a lot of the parts are interchangeble with other models.............J Knibbs......google it...you will get exploded diagrams........failing that i will give you a tele number of a smith who will get the stuff for you...

Thanks again. Will have a look at J Knibbs later, once I've persuaded my pup to stop play-fighting her mother and WRECKING THE HOUSE! Why has she so much ENERGY????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users