BSA Meteor - broken rear sight

aldivalloch

Can anyone help or advise me?

A friend dragged his old (boyhood!) Meteor out into the daylight at the weekend, only to find that the rear sight has suffered damage whilst in storage - it's now cracked through where the roll-pin secures it to the lug on the top of the breech.

It's the plastic adjustable-for-elevation-and-windage type, and a cursory glance at the T W Chambers site indicates that replacements are no longer available.

I've tried to glue it using two-pack stuff similar to Araldite, but it won't hold - perhaps the glue's not compatible with the type of plastic.

Does anyone have any suggestions before we start trawling Ebay, etc, for a second-hand replacement?

Edited by aldivalloch

Can anyone help or advise me?

A friend dragged his old (boyhood!) Meteor out into the daylight at the weekend, only to find that the rear sight has suffered damage whilst in storage - it's now cracked through where the roll-pin secures it to the lug on the top of the breech.

It's the plastic adjustable-for-elevation-and-windage type, and a cursory glance at the T W Chambers site indicates that replacements are no longer available.

I've tried to glue it using two-pack stuff similar to Araldite, but it won't hold - perhaps the glue's not compatible with the type of plastic.

Does anyone have any suggestions before we start trawling Ebay, etc, for a second-hand replacement?

John Knibbs .... Earlier Meteor £28.

Do you happen to have details of a seller, ditchman?

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

as K smith said.............a lot of the parts are interchangeble with other models.............J Knibbs......google it...you will get exploded diagrams........failing that i will give you a tele number of a smith who will get the stuff for you...

as K smith said.............a lot of the parts are interchangeble with other models.............J Knibbs......google it...you will get exploded diagrams........failing that i will give you a tele number of a smith who will get the stuff for you...

Thanks again. Will have a look at J Knibbs later, once I've persuaded my pup to stop play-fighting her mother and WRECKING THE HOUSE! Why has she so much ENERGY????