Roe doe

Well, today saw me going after my first deer with redcoat off the stalking directory in Gloucestershire. Got there for 7am after an hour and a half drive, met the fella and to his we went. Checked the rifle over and I was using a tika 270 with a fixed 6x32 swarvoski scope sitting on top in optilocks. He explained where we would go and what we would try and get. Fallow were out of the question as I was in my girlfriends fiesta so we either had roe or muntjac. On to the first ride. Walking along nicely and steady, quiet as anything and a muntjac buck and does jumped out from nowhere and off they went. A little bit further down the ride and we had a sit down to see if anything would come out. 20 mins later and nothing. Walking back towards another ride I spotted a munty but the ****** wouldn't stop moving then it near enough ran in to a roe doe. Sticks up, rifle on with the Crosshairs just behind the shoulder. No shot because it wasn't a safe backstop. Shame as she was a beauty. Any how, stalking a bit further down through thick woodland and got to an opening where I got told to stay for 20 mins or so. 25 mins later got up to see 3 roe running along the path but no clear shot again. Stalked down to where we saw them and sat for half an hour. Again, nothing. On turning around and walking back up I clocked a nice big roe doe standing there. Poked Nick and told him. After 5 mins of watching I put the sticks up, checked with Nick it was OK and got the Crosshairs on target. Steady breathing and pulled the trigger. It stood for a few seconds before lying down. 30 seconds later it got up and mooches over to a log and rested it's head on it. We gave it another minute and decided it would be best to put another round down. Head shot being the only answer to it I did the deed and made sure it was bang on. 130g nosler ballistic tip out of the 270 rang as it hit the head. Dead and done. Walked down and upon the gralloch it was a perfect shot however due to the angle it had just just missed the heart and gone under it. It would have bled out but I don't like suffering. So, my first deer and what better than a lovely roe doe? Tasty meat. Weighed a load. Especially when I carried it in the roe sack back up the hill :lol: big thanks to redcoat (Nick) for helping me with everything. Highly recommend him and cheap! Atleast 4 hours stalking and a nice roe for £100 all in. What better to spend a day on holiday when I promised the girlfriend I wouldn't go shooting? 😉 pic below is the best one I got. Happy reading folks :)

http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/bwbiker95/media/20170111_105418_zpsaq2dmwpo.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2