Finally starting to get the line right - Powis Castle GoPro and ShotKa

Duffryn

Your shotcam videos have taught me that there is less room for error than I previously thought.

Thank you for taking the time to edit and upload these videos.

I'#m pleased they have helped. This is the biggest single lesson I have learned from Shotkam. Tight chokes are tighter than I thought and the shooting line is critical . When you test plate a gun/ cartridge it doesn't give a true picture re the margin of error

Very good, well done. You seem very at home at Powis Castle.

Thanks. I enjoy Powis , there are lots of drives so its not very "samey" , I shoot with a great team there ( half the enjoyment) and it's not at all corporate which I hate ( though ironic for a corporate day)

You were presented with some cracking birds and you shot well, how do you find it when you review the go-pro and shotkam is there a significant difference between the two. Thanks for sharing all your shooting videos, most enjoyable.

Yes the keeper did a cracking job considering the lack of wind and light fading. The Go Pro captures the day, the Shotkam captures the shot and when I play it back frame by frame when editing most of the time I can see excatly where I have gone wrong

A nice day again .. what choke did you decide on in the end?

I took on board the comments here and went for 1/4 and 1/2. I think I would have been better shooting 1/4 and 1/4 which is what I will be shootinf for the rest of the season

You have gone full circle regarding chokes. I am sure that for Powis Castle 1/4 and 1/4 will be fine.

I believe that the trend for very tight chokes is unhelpful for all except the most accurate of shots.

Absolutely and unless you are a very good shot it's not fair on the birds either. Lesson well and truly learnt

Great to watch. Thanks for taking the time to edit and post

Does the software just add the red dot to the middle of the frame and it just assumes the camera is perfectly aligned to the gun barrel?

or do you have to fire at a piece of card/paper each time you remove/re-fit the shot cam and then calibrate where the software adds the red dot?

Darren

Great to watch. Thanks for taking the time to edit and post

Does the software just add the red dot to the middle of the frame and it just assumes the camera is perfectly aligned to the gun barrel?

or do you have to fire at a piece of card/paper each time you remove/re-fit the shot cam and then calibrate where the software adds the red dot?

Darren

Thanks. You aim the gun at a target say 35 yards away and the via an app on your phone you pull a live picture from the shotkam and using your phone move and the app the dot to line up with the target you are aiming at. Once this is complete you are good to go.