Unknown Michie & crockart English Damascus 12 gauge

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reeceknight, No offence but many respondents on PW are remarking on the desirability of your gun................ I would be really interested to know how and/or on who's advice you set your asking price? and equally interested in knowing how many off PW are seriously interested in buying a SBS Boxlock Non- Ejector for £2000?..........no matter how pretty it is!

Reeceknight, No offence but many respondents on PW are remarking on the desirability of your gun................ I would be really interested to know how and/or on who's advice you set your asking price? and equally interested in knowing how many off PW are seriously interested in buying a SBS Boxlock Non- Ejector for £2000?..........no matter how pretty it is!

I have 7 people intrested , 4 of them from PW. I have no reason to lie they can tell you themselves on here. Why do you have a more realistic price? I have spoken to a number of gun smiths, a conversation with someone from bonhams who admited it's hard to gauge a price and it's worth what people are willing to pay. I was told to stick it up for a couple of grand and gauge the situation.

Edited by Reeceknight

If it's any interest to you, I have a similar quality gun, perhaps slightly better engraving, that I paid very close to your asking price 2 years ago, so I would suggest you are in the ball park price wise. Best quality vintage boxlock prices are rising all the time.

panoma1 - I have been dying to ask the same question but simply could not think of a way without insulting the seller.

I think it's a fair question, and a very fair response from the OP.

I'm in the same predicament with my gun I've posted on here, it's a gun that is worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Difficult.

panoma1 - I have been dying to ask the same question but simply could not think of a way without insulting the seller.

I hope the seller didn't take it as an insult, because it was not meant to be? it was a genuine comment/enquiry!............and yes! as Kyska said anything "is only worth whatever someone will pay for it" :)

Being an amateur of these old guns, and a much, much more proficient photographer I also commend the OP for the nice product photos, it definitely bring the gun into 'light' that way -- you clearly know how to photograph things so they look their best, but I'm a bit disappointed that some have the 'instagram' looks that clearly enhances contrast quite a bit...

Being an amateur of these old guns, and a much, much more proficient photographer I also commend the OP for the nice product photos, it definitely bring the gun into 'light' that way -- you clearly know how to photograph things so they look their best, but I'm a bit disappointed that some have the 'instagram' looks that clearly enhances contrast quite a bit...

Yes but that is 1 photo pulled off instagram the rest are completely normal and taken in my kitchen with an iPhone ? I wouldn't trick someone to come look at a gun that looks nothing like the photos Lol the gun looks very different in sunlight than indoors and that shows in the photo taken in the garden 👍🏼

Yer I mean it isn't the best way a thread can go is it haha

I think it's gone fantastically to be honest, nothing but jealousy, and you've had some calls about the gun.

All the best with the sale, I'm sure someone will want it, whatever the price.

If I didn't already have a "pretty" gun that I only use once or twice a year, I would buy this in a heartbeat.

It already feels like I'm having an affair, as I lust over it several times a day !!

Please post you're keeping it to put me out of my misery ... I now see you're a young chap ... listen to the folks who have made the mistakes KEEP IT !!