Wifi Techies - help needed

Aaz

I'm dumping my plusnet broadband and going for 4g as I currently get 2mb down the phone and 80mb on my 4g.

I have chosen 2 options for a 4g router but can't decipher the difference between or which is the better one so looking for some advice please, they're both on Amazon with a tenner between in price:-

TP-LINK TL-MR6400

TP-LINK Archer MR200 AC750 4G

Are you going to put your phone sim in the wi-fi router if you could loose the download speed due to signal strength .

I have virgin and get 300MB download speed .2mb is rubbish .i am sure I get 5g with virgin

Are you going to put your phone sim in the wi-fi router if you could loose the download speed due to signal strength .

I have virgin and get 300MB download speed .2mb is rubbish .i am sure I get 5g with virgin

Thats the plan, I used to use a mifi thingy and that got over 50mb download, 2mb is rubbish but unfortunately or fortunately depends how you view it, I live in area where the only internet available is down the old BT phone line.

Currently paying £9.99 per month for 2mb though plus net, whereas EE who I'm currently with and is the only service that works where I am, consistently, I can 4g at a min of 50/60mb for £20 per month for 20gb limit

I use a huawei one very similar to this, I can't find the one I have, think it's been replaced.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-Unlocked-Mobile-Router-Genuine/dp/B015E3MKSW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484680560&sr=8-2&keywords=4g+router+huawei

It's as good as you need, maintains a good signal and is reliable.

Thanks JB, a little more than I really wanted to pay.

The difference between the two you mention is that the pricier one is dual band wifi, probably not worth the extra tenner on a 4g connection, I used a dual band router when we had fibre, and it was worth it, but not on a restricted 4g connection.

thanks for tip. I wont rule out the huawei, perhaps a little more investigation is needed

Does talk mobile work in your area they have some sim only good deals

No, this is Vodafone in disguise isn't it? No signal here with vodafone.

Me neither, I can find 65 gig for about 60 quid, but no cheaper. I have a SIM with 32 gig allowance which sees us through most of the month, and then if we run out I put a SIM from my iPad (it shares my main phone accounts 20 gig) in the router, and that's always enough. The thing I find mainly hammers the allowance is iPhone, iPad and OSX updates, they can be over a gig for a pointless update, so I always do those away from home on some one elses network, or on the last day of the allowance

Ah well, no problem.

Theres only 2 of us that use the internet at home plus a 9yr old under strict times and supervision! We don't download much and only watch the occasional film on the fire stick, no more buffering! most of the time its just browsing so hopefully we will cope with the 20gb limit. I have found a 32gb limit on EE for £24 p.m so may well go for that and cancel the other one.

Do you have a phone with EE? If so they do discounts for additional SIMs, I lay about 18 quid for my 32 gig one.

I've got 2 phones with them but under my business account so might not be eligible for any discounts as nothing was mentioned when I ordered the 20gb sim.

Can you not get a data sim under your business account.and say it's for your business iPad

Yes of course, its what I'm doing with the 20gb sim, not a data one as a monthly sim only deal was cheaper with a higher data limit and I'm always looking for a deal