CATTON HALL RIFLE SHOOT MEET 2017 DATES

SPARKIE

Superb first day... I honestly look forward to this every year

Yes I agree. I arrived there at 9 o'clock and had to leave at 2 o'clock and just can't take it in where the time went. With taking some rays on my folding chair and talking to some of the shooters I ended up not shooting enough and boom time to leave. Thank you again to the organisers for a smashing day. Hopefully see some of you at the next Garlands or Catton sessions. Darran.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clays were awesome . Once again sparkle and fruit loop put an excellent shoot on . 225 carts used in less than an hour :) and I didn't want it to end

But how many clays did you hit? By the calls of "Nath" every other second, it sounded like you'd got a lot to shoot at. :-)

I had an excellent time and I made it home without my chassis snapping :rolleyes:

Thank you to all those that made it possible. See you next year!!

Thanks to Sparky and everyone helping organise the weekend. Fantastic time, knackered pump arm from the clays (time for a 10 shot Magazine I think). I actually have blisters on my trigger finger, but these could be caused by the temperature of my breech and barrel.

Thanks to everyone,

RS

But how many clays did you hit? By the calls of "Nath" every other second, it sounded like you'd got a lot to shoot at. :-)

I had an excellent time and I made it home without my chassis snapping :rolleyes:

I'd say I hit 80-90% ;)

I've never shot so well .

I'm not sure if they were calling me because a clay was coming over or to wind me up lol

Edited by team tractor

Just home after a great weekend again thank you to Sparky for organising it again and everyone who help make it work.

Been great to see some old faces yet again and also me new people.

A specially thank you to Reggie for sleeping in a different field to me this year so I could get some sleep as well.

post-2987-0-06309300-1497806044_thumb.jpg

I have no doubt other pic7will appear soon but just thought I would chuck this one on.

One of the nicest chaps I have had the pleasure to meet their in the middle.

Grandalf, so nice to have a chat with you Saturday night.

And the chap who's rifle was full of rust, I'm glad it shot ok after a good clean, just endorsed what the wise folk say about having gun cabinets in the loft.

Brill weekend and I must say the 17 and 260 shot amazing as usual. ;-) even the 360yard target was no problem with the little 20 grain pill showing pretty amazing groups.

Thanks to Sparkie , fruitloop and all else that made it possible.

Just to echo the above of how much I enjoy it every year and enormous thanks to those who make it happen.

Also a great big round of applause to Dougy as I was the fool with the rusty gun and in true PW style a complete stranger to me worked a miracle and got it shooting again - bless you sir you are a legend.

Don't put your cabinet in the loft kids!

Another echo of everyone else's comments.

It was my first time attending and we (me, my two sons and my old man) all had a great weekend!

Thanks to sparkie and all the others that made it happen!

Next year I'll bring the punt gun along for a proper bang!

Edited by Wildfowler

Same as all the above really,

Belting well organised weekend

Excellent weather

Excellent banter (as always)

You couldn't meet a better set of people

Roll on next year, cheers Gents

NOTE TO MYSELF...... bring more cartridges for the clay flush!!!!!!!!! ( big thanks to Daf and Keith for supplying me and Matt with more)

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Great weekend Sparky - thanks for organising it, things like this don't happen unless someone makes a special effort so much appreciated!!

Good to see the usual folk and some new faces too!

Boy was it hot on Saturday, glad we moved into the wood on Sunday morning for the shade!

Great weekend Sparky - thanks for organising it, things like this don't happen unless someone makes a special effort so much appreciated!!

Good to see the usual folk and some new faces too!

Boy was it hot on Saturday, glad we moved into the wood on Sunday morning for the shade!

Where did you get to Sunday ??? I was after using your new chrono ;-(

Filled some case's specially lol

Well what can I say another fantastic weekend with great weather 32 degrees in the shade according to a couple of cars.

Great banter, great company and some seriously funny antics from some of the pw members from rocky spears face planting/dance to fruitloop drying his tenna men **** pants and butt plugs on his washing line.

I cant take all the credit though so a massive thanks goes out to REGGIEGUN, FRUITLOOP, GINGAR without these guys it wouldn't have happened they grafted setting up and taking down all weekend. And thanks to carl for supplying the facility's

Also a big thanks to all the chaps that make the trip to come shoot the weekend.

Ill add some pics soon I need to resize them all to fit.

it was a bit of a slow start for him as me n reggie were dusting everything coming towards him lol

I'd say I hit 80-90% ;)

I've never shot so well .

I'm not sure if they were calling me because a clay was coming over or to wind me up lol

you loved it..... keeping you on your on your toes lol

Just home after a great weekend again thank you to Sparky for organising it again and everyone who help make it work.

Been great to see some old faces yet again and also me new people.

A specially thank you to Reggie for sleeping in a different field to me this year so I could get some sleep as well.

lol I had to deal with his snoring. alix kept poking his face with his toes to stop him lol

Quiet evening on Sunday after everyone departed. Visited by Carl who declined my offer of a warm glass of white wine or an even warmer can of beer. Wonder why that was...

Monday morning reveille at 0400 hours. Just me on the campsite. Very quiet!!!!

Brew, ablutions, tent down and off in the trusty old Landy.

Missed one turning that cost me dear. Breakfast courtesy of Little Chef.

Lots of stopping and starting 'till Cambridge then reasonably clear.

Hot day so had to turn the air conditioning right up - eg, all windows and air vents open. Still cooked though.

5 hours to get there and 5 hours to get home. At least it is consistent.

All packed away now - Well mostly.

Thanks Sparkie for a magnificent effort. Thanks to all the 'assistants'.

Thanks to all who let me play with their rifles. Shot all sorts of weapons and calibres.

I had a long 'mardle' with Catton Park's owner on Saturday morning and told him how much we valued the chance to use his big garden. Hope we will be invited again.

Thanks for the nice comments Dougy - Enjoyed swapping yarns as well. Keep up the foxing - Reckon you enjoy the chase almost as much as me.

Enjoy your future retirement David.

Fantastic weekend guys. I'm sure everyone enjoyed themselves.

How is the 'suntan' Ginger? God I bet that hurts. PLEASE save up and purchase a moderator for the monster. (But thanks for letting me have a shot with the beastie).

Hope to see you all again next year. I will certainly try.

Your a great bunch of guys and know how to look after the senior citizen.

Edited by Grandalf

Thanks for organizing this Sparkie and co.

I had a great day on Saturday, ended up leaving earlier than I would of like as I was cooking!

It was great to see the extra targets out compared to the normal shoot.

This is the only picture I took of a couple of my toys, the K31 seemed to grab peoples attention... what the hell is that!?

IMG_0178.jpg

Quiet evening on Sunday after everyone departed. Visited by Carl who declined my offer of a warm glass of white wine or an even warmer can of beer. Wonder why that was...

Monday morning reveille at 0400 hours. Just me on the campsite. Very quiet!!!!

Brew, ablutions, tent down and off in the trusty old Landy.

Missed one turning that cost me dear. Breakfast courtesy of Little Chef.

Lots of stopping and starting 'till Cambridge then reasonably clear.

Hot day so had to turn the air conditioning turned right up - eg, all windows and air vents open. Still cooked though.

5 hours to get there and 5 hours to get home. At least it is consistent.

All packed away now - Well mostly.

Thanks Sparkie for a magnificent effort. Thanks to all the 'assistants'.

Thanks to all who let me play with their rifles. Shot all sorts of weapons and calibres.

I had a long 'mardle' with Catton Park's owner on Saturday morning and told him how much we valued the chance to use his big garden. Hope we will be invited again.

Thanks for the nice comments Dougy - Enjoyed swapping yarns as well. Keep up the foxing - Reckon you enjoy the chase almost as much as me.

Enjoy your future retirement David.

Fantastic weekend guys. I'm sure everyone enjoyed themselves.

How is the 'suntan' Ginger? God I bet that hurts. PLEASE save up and purchase a moderator for the monster. (But thanks for letting me have a shot with the beastie).

Hope to see you all again next year. I will certainly try.

Your a great bunch of guys and know how to look after the senior citizen.

Great to see you again, Ben.

I echo everything that you have said.

Thanks Sparkie and Co, for,all your hard work.

Cheers to all and looking forward to next year.