CATTON HALL RIFLE SHOOT MEET 2017 DATES

SPARKIE

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks all who came to the weekend . it's not the same without you lot coming as a weekend in a field with sparky and the two manky s and 2 of them spooning at night is not as appealing :no::no::no::lol: .

the only bit i did not enjoy is during the rap up. getting savaged with 3 horse fly's and now my arm is twise the size and aching so now im on antibiotics. :sad1:

it was grate to catch up with old friends and meat new ones :good::good:

Edited by fruitloop

Hi firstly can i thank everbody involved with the weekend great couple of days. My first time attending the shoot with my son brad,and also flynny and Matty. Clays were a good laugh just too hot in that sun(for me anyhow). Nice to meet everyone that I me,and what a great set of like minded guys....again well done see you next year.

And a big thank you to the Gentleman (i didn't catch your name) who let me shoot the Lee Enfield No4.

I'll echo that Daf. 5 rounds with a proper rifle was very nostalgic.

Also enjoyed the shower when I eventually got home at 1130 Monday. Four days in that heat with nothing more than deodorant and wet wipes is not recommended if you want good service in a Little Chef!

Got some very odd looks.

Edited by Grandalf

I'll echo that Daf. 5 rounds with a proper rifle was very nostalgic.

Also enjoyed the shower when I eventually got home at 1130 Monday. Four days in that heat with nothing more than deodorant and wet wipes is not recommended if you want good service in a Little Chef!

Got some very odd looks.

My bonus of living 7 miles away :)

Where did you get to Sunday ??? I was after using your new chrono ;-(

Filled some case's specially lol

Sorry Dougy - we packed up early to avoid doing it at midday and moved into the shade by Chateau Daf (otherwise known as HQ A Coy 5th Bn Glyndwr's Own Spooning Regt - just teasing DM !). We then ended up on the end bale under the shade (still cooking) where a couple of very nice rifles appeared. First up was DM Shooting's very nice .308 classic sporting rifle then a very generous man appeared with a corking Lee Enfield and several rounds of ammunition!!! I did look out for you before we left and whilst I could find yer truck I couldn't find you. I'll be up again this weekend so will bring the radar with me.

Quiet evening on Sunday after everyone departed. Visited by Carl who declined my offer of a warm glass of white wine or an even warmer can of beer. Wonder why that was...

Monday morning reveille at 0400 hours. Just me on the campsite. Very quiet!!!!

Brew, ablutions, tent down and off in the trusty old Landy.

Missed one turning that cost me dear. Breakfast courtesy of Little Chef.

Lots of stopping and starting 'till Cambridge then reasonably clear.

Hot day so had to turn the air conditioning right up - eg, all windows and air vents open. Still cooked though.

5 hours to get there and 5 hours to get home. At least it is consistent.

All packed away now - Well mostly.

Thanks Sparkie for a magnificent effort. Thanks to all the 'assistants'.

Thanks to all who let me play with their rifles. Shot all sorts of weapons and calibres.

I had a long 'mardle' with Catton Park's owner on Saturday morning and told him how much we valued the chance to use his big garden. Hope we will be invited again.

Thanks for the nice comments Dougy - Enjoyed swapping yarns as well. Keep up the foxing - Reckon you enjoy the chase almost as much as me.

Enjoy your future retirement David.

Fantastic weekend guys. I'm sure everyone enjoyed themselves.

How is the 'suntan' Ginger? God I bet that hurts. PLEASE save up and purchase a moderator for the monster. (But thanks for letting me have a shot with the beastie).

Hope to see you all again next year. I will certainly try.

Your a great bunch of guys and know how to look after the senior citizen.

Anytime.. ill have to see if my funds will stretch enough to buy a mod but I cant promise anything! ;)

You were right.. my shoulders are killing me

Edited by Gingar

I didn't shoot it but held it and dribbled over the Lee Enfield that was around, favourite gun of the weekend for me

yes they have something about them - any idea who the guy was? I did say thank you at the time but would like to say it again.

Another guy had a Schmidt Rubin straightpull which was rather nice too.

Thanks for all the nice comments about the .303 guys, It's definitely my "if I could only keep one" rifle. Anyone who wants a go is more than welcome, I'll make sure I bring plenty of ammo along for the next one.

Cheers, Johnny

d

Good man

Edited by reggiegun

Well it looks like you all had a blast, I must appologise for not being able to be around that much but sadly due to work i had to look after the horse trials down the road, Sparky and crew did a grand job running it all and im sure you will all be welcome back next year, If any of you have any picture you would like to share on Catton riflesports face book that would be great and i will pick a few and piut them on ther new riflesport web site when i get round to doing it,..... and if you havent had enough your welcome to come again this saturday ...

Straight shooting and see you all next year if not before.

Carl

Catton Rifle Sport.