What should I do - expensive boots not 100% comfy

WinchesterDave

I bought some Le Chameau Chasseur wellies the other day ( full zip ones) and when I tried them on in the shop I thought they were great, really comfortable etc, however the right boot was a bit tighter than the left which felt perfect (at the time).

I brought them home, and did the usual wear them around the house jobbie and I couldn't stop questioning my self over the right boot - it felt tighter than the left, tried every pair Of sock combos possible and still was scratching my head.

Wore them last Saturday to go shooting and I've come to the conclusion they are both possibly 1 size too small :/ it's weird.. sometimes I feel like 'yer they're comfy' others I'm like 'no they don't fit'. The left one is the comfiest of the two but I could still do with some more room.

I bought from Bamfords, and I don't know what to do in terms of exchanges etc (not being hopeful as I've worn them). Just wanted people's opinions on here before I ring them.

Just to note, I absolutely love them! And was rather hoping it'd all be perfect as I've waited a while to get them.

Cheers in advance,

Dave

Just to add in the edit - i tried on my usual size of a 9 first; they may as well have been labelled 14 they were that big on me and I worked down the sizes until I got to these boots which felt the snuggest etc - possibly why they felt right in the shop.

Edited by WinchesterDave

Can you clean them and resilicone spray them so they don't look like they have been worn, if you can ask for an exchange for the next size up.

If not you will have to sell them on take the loss and buy a pair that fits you.

Edited by figgy

Your one and only issue is that you used them in the field bud... You could be cheeky and try the clean and exchange or take a hit and sell them on... Depends what kind of conscience you have :lol: I bought some aigle boots and as soon as they came I sent them back due to poor fit. Not used other than up and down the hall at home.

Your call bud.

I know mate, before I went to bed I ended up thinking 'yes they're comfy' and decided to wear them shooting next day - I didn't have blisters or what have you just tight; maybe they'll loosen up!

Cheers for the reply bud :good:

Wash them off and wear them around the house in the evenings, give it a few trys to see if they soften. If not and if you gwt in before the returns policy, get them sent back, or sell. Only wellies ove found comfy were my last pair of muck boots. I tried aigle as all my mates have moved to them and love them.. My feet / calves kust didn't sit right...

It's not uncommon for one leg/foot to be slightly bigger. By allowing you to try them on in the shop you have lost the argument that they are not comfortable - you would have had more protection if you had left the shop and then bought them over the phone and got them posted. Post them to me and for a negligible sum I will give them a dam good yomping over the next couple of years and then return them to you looking like I've been taking penalties with a Dung ball - I wouldn't do this for just anybody but as it's you.....just this once.

I own a pair of the same model and to be honest found them perfect in my usual size, a little large if anything!

I'm often tempted to go for a smaller size in certain shoes/boots but never have and it's always the right decision.

I don't see how you can return them now, you've worn them out and keep wearing them to try and loosen them up....I'd be a bit miffed if I was the poor sod who ended up with them after you!!

If they really aren't comfortable you'll just have to take the hit and buy another pair, an expensive mistake though...I've never spent so much on footwear!

I own a pair of the same model and to be honest found them perfect in my usual size, a little large if anything!

I'm often tempted to go for a smaller size in certain shoes/boots but never have and it's always the right decision.

I don't see how you can return them now, you've worn them out and keep wearing them to try and loosen them up....I'd be a bit miffed if I was the poor sod who ended up with them after you!!

If they really aren't comfortable you'll just have to take the hit and buy another pair, an expensive mistake though...I've never spent so much on footwear!

That is interesting, they were just really large on me for some reason!!:/ not sure if I wish I had gone for the bigger size now.. anyway, yes expensive mistake, but I will keep them and get used to them as they are comfier than my Hunters are just a bit tight so maybe they'll loosen; fingers crossed. Other than that they're superb wellies and I am happy with the purchase overall.

Wellies should always be at least half a size bigger than your normal shoe size.never found my aigles softened or stretched, they were a pig to get off after a days shooting. Just split after around five years of use but not worn a great deal soles were barely worn as they only got used during the shooting season six or seven times a year as prefer leather boots.

Edited by figgy

You can try and get them stretched. Most people have one foot slightly bigger than the other, (so I've heard) and I get problems when buying trainers. I wear size 8's, and have found many times that the left foot feels a bit tighter. I get most of my trainers from Sports Direct, which offer a 1/2 size. This works for me.

I bought a shoe stretcher set via Ebay for a few pounds, as I wanted to try and stretch a pair of canvas trainers, which were a bit tight. Even though the stretcher was designed for leather shoes, after leaving them in for three days, they did the job. I also bought a can of leather stretcher spray, which may have helped.

These are the ones that I bought. Ebay # 281569205917

Flog 'em at a slight loss as nearly new and then buy a size up - Bit of a pain, but seems like the only workable solution. They are rubber so would think it unlikely that you'll get any permanent stretch to make them comfortable.

I didn't read the OP's post correctly, and agree that the stretcher kit probably won't work with rubber.