Yildz 28g for Youth

Beretta12

Thanks Figgy, he's only a small 10 year old and I just felt the shorter 26 inch barrel would be better balanced - Greenfields of Salisbury have new multichoke game one is with a shorter length stock of 13 1/2" for £475. Which I'm very tempted by, but really would like something cheaper - second hand?

Thanks Figgy, he's only a small 10 year old and I just felt the shorter 26 inch barrel would be better balanced - Greenfields of Salisbury have new multichoke game one is with a shorter length stock of 13 1/2" for £475. Which I'm very tempted by, but really would like something cheaper - second hand?

Can I say that I have a 28" barrel Yildiz 28 bore (NOT FOR SALE) that I use for my 2 Grandkids. The eldest is now 14 and the younger is 11. They have used this gun for some 2 years. I had the full sized stock cut down to 13" because the 'Youth Model' at 13 1/2" LOP is just too long. I have kept the piece of wood that was removed but have lengthened the stock with a recoil pad for the older lad and a thinner rubber pad for the younger one. If they are both shooting, I use the thinner pad and a leather slip on pad for older one to use. I had been using 14 gram cartridges but have moved up to 16 gram for the bigger guy. I have just bought a shortened Beretta 391, 20 bore for the older lad to start using, leaving the younger one on the 28 for now. I would NOT be too fussed in finding a Youth Model, as it will probably require shortening anyway. They will be better with a slightly short stock than a slightly longer one. The longer stock will tend to be on the upper arm and NOT in the shoulder pocket. It may pay to get him a lesson with a good Instructor who is able to provide a suitable gun to start him with. Every weekend I see well intentioned Dads' and Grandads letting "the Lad" have a go and I cringe. Remember get it wrong at first go, and it might just be his last. I have witnessed it too often.

Edited by Westley

I use a cut down SxS 12 bore that I cut down to 12 1/2" stock fitted a pad and cut the barrels to 24 1/2" I put a leather slip on pad for my wife and nephew and use 21g Hull Comp X there is very little recoil. They both have used this gun for a few years now. The upside is cheaper cartridge choice and a lot easier to hit clays with cylinder both barrels.