Another night foxing

walshie

Had a decent few hours on the golf course last night. 3 vixens and a dog fox.

It was only a couple of weeks ago I remarked how all the foxes i had seen lately had been in top notch condition, but last night I saw one that definitely wasn't.

We saw one skulking by some bushes and as soon as the lamp lit it up it ran through the bushes. We went across to the other fairway to see if it had come out the other side and it was laying on the ground and looked like it was dead. I would have expected to see that if i had taken a shot, but I hadn't.

I looked through the scope and it was completely still. As we got nearer, it struggled to get up and I took my shot.

When we got up to the body, her tail was completely bald except for a tuft on the end like a show poodle. Her belly, face and neck were nearly bald and her **** end was alive with maggots. The smell wasn't a fox smell. It smelt of rotting flesh. My mate and I were yakking as soon as we got near her.

I'm no fan of foxes, but I don't like to see them in pain. i'm surprised she was even alive in that state. i guess she wouldn't have been for much longer, but I'm glad I ended her suffering.

More than likely Sarcoptic Mange. The animal scratches it's skin so much that it causes it to bleed. These open wounds attract blowflies, and the resulting maggots will eat the flesh.

It's a very pitiful disease and most Foxes suffer a slow lingering death. You did well on putting the fox out of it's misery.

More than likely Sarcoptic Mange. The animal scratches it's skin so much that it causes it to bleed. These open wounds attract blowflies, and the resulting maggots will eat the flesh.

It's a very pitiful disease and most Foxes suffer a slow lingering death. You did well on putting the fox out of it's misery.

shot some really poor condition foxes over the years with this. remember having to shoot one in a stables. the owners were against shooting but asked for it to be removed as it was so poor. must of been 90% bald covered in sores. i have shot a lot of foxes that cause different problems and damage. but these ones are the best to take. similar to the dreaded mixy i have picked loads up blind and suffering. then dispatch them humanely as i was taught to at a very young age. if they are suffering. i think we have a duty to dispatch it humanely when suffering is happening

Had a decent few hours on the golf course last night. 3 vixens and a dog fox.

It was only a couple of weeks ago I remarked how all the foxes i had seen lately had been in top notch condition, but last night I saw one that definitely wasn't.

We saw one skulking by some bushes and as soon as the lamp lit it up it ran through the bushes. We went across to the other fairway to see if it had come out the other side and it was laying on the ground and looked like it was dead. I would have expected to see that if i had taken a shot, but I hadn't.

I looked through the scope and it was completely still. As we got nearer, it struggled to get up and I took my shot.

When we got up to the body, her tail was completely bald except for a tuft on the end like a show poodle. Her belly, face and neck were nearly bald and her **** end was alive with maggots. The smell wasn't a fox smell. It smelt of rotting flesh. My mate and I were yakking as soon as we got near her.

I'm no fan of foxes, but I don't like to see them in pain. i'm surprised she was even alive in that state. i guess she wouldn't have been for much longer, but I'm glad I ended her suffering.

Good job mate. Let me know if you want me to pop down with the digi nv, you'll never look back