Tyres for an Xtrail

Ttfjlc

Evening all, we currently run a 53 plate Nissan Xtrail, it's our daily driver doing around 40 miles a day on road. I'm looking to change the tyres soon but can't make my mind up which type of tyre would be most suitable? I do use it off road but no serious mud plugging so I have at least ruled out M/Ts. The reason for my post is because I'm not sure if A/Ts would be suitable due to our 'on road' bias, the other thing I've found whilst researching is 'SUV' tyres which are not described as either H/T or A/T, I'd appreciate any advice you have to offer, cheers.

Edited by Ttfjlc

The general grabber all terrain tyres are good on road and surprisingly capable off road.

I have just had four general grabber ATs put on my jeep cherokee they do not look as chunky as I would have liked but they feel nice on the road and they do claim to be good in the mud cost me just under £500 in the end but I'm happy.

Try your local black circles (I think) they should do them.

I tried them when I was looking for some but they did not have anything that I liked in 235x65x17 so the funny part is I contacted the tyre fitters who put on my last set of tyres for black circle and they had just the ones that I was looking for at not a bad price so I got them to fit the tyres.

We also have a 53 X trail, 2.5l petrol. Like you I do go off road but nothing serious. Couple of months ago I had 4 Marshal Matraks fitted, very please with them, good tread pattern, low road noise and more than enough traction off road. Got a deal form formula1 tyres for £290 fitted and old one disposed of.

Thanks Beardo, I've just been browsing Yokohama's website, have the Go12s been superseded? All I can find are the A/T-S or the Go15s

Mate has just bought some for his Freelander, G0-12's

He really likes them, quiet and uses no more fuel,

He got them through Black Circles just before Xmas

:shaun:

Thanks to all for your opinions and recommendations, and thanks Shaun, after doing more searching it appears the A/T-S are the GO12s, the GO15s are a newer tyre.

Are you anywhere near me, as I have a pal who has own mobile tyre fitting business he's normally very competitive

I can pm you a number worth a call when you have picked your tyres.

no x trail but we have g/grabber a/t on our runabout pinin and insa turbo a/t on our l200 and both are worth a look, the grabbers are a bit better on road but the insa better off road, but both do well enough at both.............if that makes any sense :lol:

The problem is Insa are remolds and I for one would never trust them for on the road offroad ok though.

I was looking at something on tyres a little while ago they said the reason that some tyres are more expensive than others is they use the latest technology whilst the cheaper ones tend to use 10 year old technology so one would like to think that the newer ones work better.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

The problem is Insa are remolds and I for one would never trust them for on the road offroad ok though.

I was looking at something on tyres a little while ago they said the reason that some tyres are more expensive than others is they use the latest technology whilst the cheaper ones tend to use 10 year old technology so one would like to think that the newer ones work better.

yes they are but shouldnt be confused with re-treads and they are rated to 112mph......more than plenty for my old truck :lol:

• 1 month later...