Tyres for an Xtrail

Ttfjlc

Funnily enough a garage I called mentioned them, basically a copy of a bf Goodrich he said, they were still £70 a pop but what put me off was the lack of info on tyre life.

On my Duster,

OEM Continental CrossContact did just 19,500 miles

My Geolander GO12 did to 71,750 miles.

Just put GO15 on and are expected to be equivalent in service life to GO12.

Hi i have a set of 5 sixteen inch wheels with two virtually new general grabbers and not sure without looking whats on the rest but all roadworthy, i bought them because i have seventeen inch wheels and you are very limited for a/t tyres of that size, so i would use road tyres through the summer and a/t in the winter, i now have a defender so the sixteen inch set are redundant if you are interested send me a pm and maybe we could do a deal. cheers Geoff

Just out of interest, how'd you rate the XTrail?

Went for a look at one earlier today and making my mind up now, 03 plate diesel with a few miles on it but well looked after.

I have owned a Diesel x-trail for twelve years it has now covered 112000 miles at around 30,000 i had the turbo and intercooler replaced under guarantee

but since then its been fine, if you intend towing a heavy trailer the gearing quiet high and constant towing leads to duel mass flywheel problems, mine has been replaced with a solid flywheel and pulls a twin axle caravan with ease, fuel consumption is good on average 38mpg but driving at around 65mph on frence motorways i have achieved 46mpg,

Would i buy another one, Yes i would its a great little car.

Just out of interest, how'd you rate the XTrail?

Went for a look at one earlier today and making my mind up now, 03 plate diesel with a few miles on it but well looked after.

Cheer Scraggoak. The one I'm looking at has done just over 230k, but it's been properly looked after, 3 oil changes a year and a full MOT with no advisories. Think for a grand I'm going to go for it.

Hello mate, only had mine since January but have put 2k on it already, it suits our needs just right, comfortable on the road and not too shabby on a few grassy inclines. If it helps we got ours for £1500 with only 93k genuine miles. My advice if you haven't done already is check the MOT history using the number plate, amazing sometimes what that shows up.

On my Duster,

OEM Continental CrossContact did just 19,500 miles

My Geolander GO12 did to 71,750 miles.

Just put GO15 on and are expected to be equivalent in service life to GO12.

71k is amazing pal, what I like about the G015s is they're suitable as a winter tyre as well.

Just an update to let you know I eventually settled on a set of geolandar g015's, £77 each fitted from black circles so more than happy.

My 53 plate X-Trail alloys have deteriorated in the way yours look to have gone. I'll be hand painting them black soon so they don't get seen in the dark as easily.

My 53 plate X-Trail alloys have deteriorated in the way yours look to have gone. I'll be hand painting them black soon so they don't get seen in the dark as easily.

You may well be right sir however I'd have to take off all the mud to be sure. :lol:

geo 15 superseded geo 12 which i have on my nissan patrol which have done 36k many of them miles towing large trailer or caravan used them for good shoot days and not bad in field but may struugle in deep wet muddy fields but generaly very good had grabber at2 before very good all round tyre but had severe aqua plane issues at speed on very wet roads. will put yoko geo 15 on when the geo 12 wear out

geo 15 superseded geo 12 which i have on my nissan patrol which have done 36k many of them miles towing large trailer or caravan used them for good shoot days and not bad in field but may struugle in deep wet muddy fields but generaly very good had grabber at2 before very good all round tyre but had severe aqua plane issues at speed on very wet roads. will put yoko geo 15 on when the geo 12 wear out

Whilst researching for ATs I considered the grabbers, claimed to be 'excellent' in the wet yet only rated 'E', don't actually know how bad 'E' is in real life but the G015s are a 'C' and with my other half driving I need all the help I can get. :lol:

Has anyone tried non low profile tyres to get extra ground clearance?

I know the speedo would be out, but do they foul anything under the wheel arches on full lock for example?

Mine had the wrong tyres fitted when first bought (New replacements) they caught on the inner arches on full lock

:shaun: