I will never take anyone out again

steve w

I took a mate (so called ) on one of my perms goose shooting and pigeon shooting loads of times over the last ten years ,I just rang him for a chat and he informs me he knocked on the farmers door this week and he now shoots there , .funny he now has the hump because I told him to **** off and what a **** thing to do .he sent me a txt saying sorry and how he has lost his job and now has to much time on his hands .

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on how it affects your shooting. It might just be a case of the farmer knows his face from seeing him shoot with you and he asked if he could shoot on his own and the farmer said yes. If he is on a take over Take no notice of what he says. Just carry on shooting as you have done and tell him to sling his hook. That is really taking the ****. Still as long as you can still shoot there, there ain't much that you can do about it.

Never known such a 'back stabbing sport' as the shooting game. I used to try and take out people who had no shooting of their own, until just the same thing occurred. Difference was, the Farmer chased the 'friend' (sic) and notified me. Glad I stick mainly to clays now, just do NOT need the hassle.

Never known such a 'back stabbing sport' as the shooting game. I used to try and take out people who had no shooting of their own, until just the same thing occurred. Difference was, the Farmer chased the 'friend' (sic) and notified me. Glad I stick mainly to clays now, just do NOT need the hassle.

The shooting game is a nightmare, even my GF says it's worse than woman !! These days a prefer shooting on my own, you can't fall out with your dog (unless he keeps running in)

Fishing...happens all the time, take ages sussing a decent Bass mark out, take a friend and before long the mark is fished out by so called sea angling guides whom have picked every inch of detail out from you on the right times, tides, moons, conditions and months....never agian will i give a mark away

Fishing...happens all the time, take ages sussing a decent Bass mark out, take a friend and before long the mark is fished out by so called sea angling guides whom have picked every inch of detail out from you on the right times, tides, moons, conditions and months....never agian will i give a mark away

I have fished for over 60 years and NEVER had any problems. That is until the last day of the Trout season, last year. I thought I was the only one daft enough to be out, I left my bag on the ground and took my rod and net to the next clearing along the bank, about 25 yards away. I caught the fish that was rising, released it and was walking back to where my bag was when I spotted a guy lifting my bag, spare rod and my 2 fish (which had been in the water's edge) up, and across the path and dump them on the grass. He then proceeded to fish where I had been. Totally ignoring me when I got to him. Thankfully I was leaving anyway, I was tempted to toss one of the large stones into the water alongside him though !

When i first started shooting 10 years ago , I went out door knocking to some farmers / golf course owners that I know , i had asked my "mate "to come with me but he refused saying ghat he was busy ,
I got lucky and picked up 4 new permission,s , when I got home my "mate" came over to me and asked how I'd done , when i told him I'd got 4 permission,s his reply was -great ,when can WE go out, my reply was YOU can't , if you can't be ***** coming out to door knock why should I take you, he wasn't very happy

The land belongs to the farmer not you. It's up to him what he does with it.

Are you paying rent?

its not about who owns the land, its called respect and if someone takes you out then they don't expect you to go to the farmer and get on there also, lucky for me the land owner would tell you to do one...

The land belongs to the farmer not you. It's up to him what he does with it.

Are you paying rent?

That has absolutely nothing to do with it IMO.......if it was someone just doing the rounds, knocking on doors, then fair enough.

This was supposed to be his mate!

Unfortunately its the way of the world these days, everybody wants to be famous......"Ive got 20,000,000 acres to shoot over with my 50 guns"

No class whatsoever, hes probably on facebook as well with his trophy shots :no:

I bet everyone who has commented on my post, don't pay rent / a fee for shooting their land.

Farmers don't buy farms in the hope that a person may get a little shooting out of it. Also, we've only heard one side of the story, In this case there is 3.

Edited by markm