I will never take anyone out again

steve w

I think by your answers to the comments on here, you have clearly answered the question, "Was it you?" and even if it wasn't, judgeing by your comments, i wouldn't take you out or really want a friend with your morals or way of thinking.

Exactly my view of his comments !

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't take you out or really want a friend with your morals or way of thinking.

edit:spelling

Thanks for the offer, unfortunelty I have more than enough land to shoot over (which I happen to appreciate and show this by controlling vermin, helping the land owner when needed, giving xmas presents and also paying for the privliage.) Which is why (based on location to urban areas) the owner get his door knocked, on a daily basis by people looking for something for nothing, are turned away.

Don't quiet see how my morals are wrong?

Edited by markm

I took a mate (so called ) on one of my perms goose shooting and pigeon shooting loads of times over the last ten years ,I just rang him for a chat and he informs me he knocked on the farmers door this week and he now shoots there , .funny he now has the hump because I told him to **** off and what a **** thing to do .he sent me a txt saying sorry and how he has lost his job and now has to much time on his hands .

that Happened to me 2 times last year it takes the ******* **** mate

Thanks for the offer, unfortunelty I have more than enough land to shoot over (which I happen to appreciate and show this by controlling vermin, helping the land owner when needed, giving xmas presents and also paying for the privliage.) Which is why (based on location to urban areas) the owner get his door knocked, on a daily basis by people looking for something for nothing, are turned away.

if you farmer doesn't "need" a £15 bottle of Whisky at christmas, what do you give? a £75,000 tractor?

Your morals are wrong because you seem to think its ok to steal land off of somone who went out of their way to help you out!

I care not how many sides there are to this issue as we're never likely to get the other 2 parties to comment.

From my perspective his X mate should of picked up the fone and out of courtsey to Steve ask if he had any problem with him seeking permission to shoot the land.

if you farmer doesn't "need" a £15 bottle of Whisky at christmas, what do you give? a £75,000 tractor?

Your morals are wrong because you seem to think its ok to steal land off of somone who went out of their way to help you out!

Nope I give him the going rate per acre and then some extras as a sign of my (the syndicates) appreciation.

You pay similar mr moral?

I can see markm's point.

Yes, it is wrong to go behind the back of a friend to gain permission to shoot, but it is entirely up to the farmer who they allow on their land.

I am lucky to be able to shoot on several farms, but I have sole permission on very few.

Some farmers I shoot for have plenty of money, but still very much appreciate a bottle at Christmas. Would I expect them to not allow other shooters on their ground? No.

Edited by motty

What do you give him at christmas?

Nope I give him the going rate per acre and then some extras as a sign of my (the syndicates) appreciation.

You pay similar mr moral?

Actually yes, we pay £2k for 1k acres rough shooting sydicate. And i didn't neep to carp on any of my friends to get it!

Edited by silver pigeon69

What do you give him at christmas?

Actually yes, we pay £2k for 1k acres rough shooting sydicate. And i didn't neep to carp on any of my friends to get it!

That's all right then. If someone tries to get shooting on the land you rent, and the farmer says "yes" you have entered into a formal or informal contract with him so have some leverage.

Simples!

I took a mate (so called ) on one of my perms goose shooting and pigeon shooting loads of times over the last ten years ,I just rang him for a chat and he informs me he knocked on the farmers door this week and he now shoots there , .funny he now has the hump because I told him to **** off and what a **** thing to do .he sent me a txt saying sorry and how he has lost his job and now has to much time on his hands .

Has the farmer stopped you shooting because of this.

no I don't think so .its just something I would never do I have shot on this land for 30 years and took loads of people out as far as I know nobody has then gone to the farmer and asked if they could shoot the geese or pigeons behind my back after an invite .I just think in under hand .and something I would never do .this is not just a mate has been to Scotland on trips with our sons shooting .this is somebody I trusted .

Of course it's underhand, not really sure how anyone can disagree with that?

Obviously it's the farmer's choice and there's no disputing that but we all know it would be morally wrong to go behind the back of someone who's taken you out shooting off their own back on permission they've had to secure (they don't have to) and try to gain permission for yourself without them!

It's a shame as everyone's eyes light up when they find out you go pigeon shooting etc but due to the potential of this sort of thing happening most people don't choose to take anyone else with them.

i feel sorry for the chap who started the thread to be honest.

I have had it in the past, i use to take a lot of people off here and met a few good people. I have have even sorted land out for others who are less fortunate.

The ones that really **** me off are the ones that do it blatantly and think it's Doggie dog or don't think your find out or notice. I take very few people out now. I have the group off here I try to accommodate a few times a year and I take people out as favour returns, but I will not offer anyone else now and still watch a few people I know as well.

I do pay for shooting rights on a few bits of land. It's a case of the farmers wanted payment from someone, I either pay or lose it to someone else. They have a business, and struggling at times so every penny counts for them so if they have something that others want then so be it.

On on patch I pay for its run as a business and money needs to change hands for the insurance side of things.

I am new to shooting and new to pw. I do not have any permission of my own. I shoot clays and have paid a farmer for days shooting pigeon. Reading previous posts and threads I am trying to gain permission using all of the sound advice available on this site, although this is at best easier said than done. I agree that the farmer may do/allow/trust what or whoever he likes on his land, but he will only ever be looking out for his best interests. If a fellow shooter was kind enough to take me out on their perm then I would never dream of trying to muscle in on the action. To go to the farmer behind their back is sneaky. Trust is something that is hard to earn at best. Why throw it away

Edited by jonny long shanks