Lamps for lamping

Mosbergman

I'm looking to invest in an as cheep as possible lamp for my gun

I am willing to do a fair bit of DIY

but i am stuck for a good idea for a battery, has to be drycell and last a couple hours

also rather than trying to find/build a lamp are there any relitivly cheep ones that i can pic up. I dont want to be spending £100 on just a lamp

And to make things even better it must be light and compact

Was thinking about 2 moped batteries linked together but it's not an idea solution

100 yarder

350yarder

ARe these anygood? are the ranges accurate, as in can i see Buggs at that distance

Thank in advance

I would recommend the following all day long, been using one for 4 years and wouldn't use anything else

http://www.nightsearcher.co.uk/acatalog/Gunlight.html

you can get a 12 volt 7amp hour battery from maplins for around £20 and a female cigarette socket for about 50 pence, one battery normally lasts me 4 to 5 hours "on off" use

You should be able to pick up a burgler alarm battery 12V 7.5Ah all you need is a cigarete lighter addapter and an inline fuse should cost no more than £6 then chuck it in some sort of bag you have lying around even an old game bag will do. for £15 Maintenance free no acid spills you cant go wrong. I think the light force 170 is an excelant lamp but might be out of your budget but I would say it is well worth saving for. An old addage that has often crept up in the shooting world is buy cheap buy twice.

Dave

screwfix sell the dry cell batteries but I'd go out and buy a lightforce lamp. Ok blows the budget but you get a very good lamp otherwise you'll have a growing collection of cheap ones that break or don't work well enough.

They look similar to the debens, which are excellent for rabbits especially with the dimmer switch.

This is my set up for either a short bunny exped or longer foxing/all night rabbit. The backpack is nice and light when on the shoulder and the other has a 7 ah battery.

post-1301-1180449037.jpg