Flight Check-in

Highlandladdie

Wondering if it's possible to check-in for a flight manually (i.e. not automatically) online via your phone. This is so that you have the boarding pass on your phone.

I work offshore, so when travelling to and from work I fly then catch a train. Then train and flight on the way back. Due to the flight I book I can get a cheap rail fare but need the boarding card to get it. Which is fine on the way up but not on the way back. I usually just check in at the desk on the day of travel, picking up my boarding pass then. I don't want auto check-in as I might be delayed offshore and not make the flight. So, I'm looking to check-in on the phone once the chopper has landed and I'm on the way to the train station. Where I can then show the Ticket Gadgie my boarding card on my phone and get the cheap train ticket.

Anyone know if this is possible?

TIA

Edited by Highlandladdie

If your booking is 'one way' do they still check you in automatically?

As a side note-surely by having booking then regardless of being late/no show, you loose this 'sector' and won't be entitled to a refund or rebooking?

Don't know on the first part.

Usually if you prove you are from an offshore installation you can get the flight booking changed for free.