Browning Gold 10g - Problem

Wildfowler12

Evening folks.

My 10b has developed a fault, on the 1st flight of my fowling holiday too! Cartridges appear to be getting stuck in the magazine. The gun will fire and eject the spent cartridge, but it is not releasing the 2nd cartridge from the magazine on to the carrier arm, thus preventing the reload.

This was an intermittent problem that would be solved with a manual cycle between shots, but now it won't even cycle shells manually.

It will be going to a gunsmith when I get home, but any ideas what might be broken - and is there anything I can do myself to get it back inaction whilst I'm away?

Cheers

Edited by Wildfowler12

Thanks for the comments. The gun (and gas ports) are spotless, it had a full strip and clean before I left.

It's only fired about 50shots from new. I will try some factory loads but I suspect it will make no difference. The cartridges are not being released from the magazine even when you cycle the action manually (by hand).

I would take the mag spring out and clean that but the clip is glued in at the end. Apparently this is to stop it being converted to a FAC.

Had similar problem with my mine, had the gun years, cleaned it lightly regular after a muddy flight, then this year it played up .

At first thought it was a weak spring for the mechanism, cleaned it out with boiling water and loads of wd 40.

After that not had a problem with it since, other options is the finish on your home loads , found remmingtons are really tough and run better with a nice gaep roll turn finish on the crimp.

• 3 weeks later...