Shooting Ground Cafe Prices?

webber

I struggle to make the shooting ground café break even on most shoots.

Our prices are as follows:

Bacon or sausage barm £2.50

Tea or Coffee £1

I wondered if PW members could post what they pay at their regular grounds for the above items, but please can we keep it simple.

webber

Don't run it yourself - See if you can get a tea van in for the morning/day (especially this time of year when there are no boot sales) as they have less wastage - They've got 7 days to get rid of stock, whereas you've only got 1. Get them in for free and maybe then charge a nominal rent if they get busy (or maybe just get a free brekkie yourself)

Don't run it yourself - See if you can get a tea van in for the morning/day (especially this time of year when there are no boot sales) as they have less wastage - They've got 7 days to get rid of stock, whereas you've only got 1. Get them in for free and maybe then charge a nominal rent if they get busy (or maybe just get a free brekkie yourself)

I shoot at a club that has this arrangment, its good when they come but when they dont folk moan, some were going to have a bacon/sausage etc for there breakfast.There van seems unreliable, i think it cant be broken every time, they just take a better offer.

Edited by Rupert

I struggle to make the shooting ground café break even on most shoots.

Our prices are as follows:

Bacon or sausage barm £2.50

Tea or Coffee £1

I wondered if PW members could post what they pay at their regular grounds for the above items, but please can we keep it simple.

webber

Well you must be tight up there our local club turns over £1000 per week (wed,Sat,Sun) at those prices is this a local members club or commercial ground

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering how you couldn't make it break even when a box of 240 tea bags cost no more than £3 plus some paper cups £35 per 1000 a drop of milk and sugar. at £1 a cup you should be making 80p profit at least. cans of pop 24x for £6 at costco

As for bacon 2kg pack from local butchers is £6.50 plus some cobs. id think there's a couple quid profit in each one.

I have 2 friends with cob vans and they rake it in.

Are there other factors I'm not getting.

I was wondering how you couldn't make it break even when a box of 240 tea bags cost no more than £3 plus some paper cups £35 per 1000 a drop of milk and sugar. at £1 a cup you should be making 80p profit at least. cans of pop 24x for £6 at costco

As for bacon 2kg pack from local butchers is £6.50 plus some cobs. id think there's a couple quid profit in each one.

I did wonder much the same thing. The only high cost I can see is staffing.

I did wonder much the same thing. The only high cost I can see is staffing.

+1 to the above posts. Is there some hidden costs somewhere that isn't shown or is half of the stock binned at the end of the day?. Edited by fortune

we include a bacon roll and a hot drink in the entry price for club shoots.

on open days charge £2 bacon/sausage roll £2.50 bacon & egg. tea 50p coffee 60p.Canned drinks 50p.

If you were to get nice butchers bacon/sausage decent fresh rolls you could charge more....perhaps you should ask your regulars?personally I would pay bit more for a decent bacon roll and it is a fairly 'captive' audience....but dont do silly Silverstone last year £7 for a bacon roll.......which annoyed.......

Aldi sell "essentials" bacon at 95p/ (at least 8 slices) and Tesco sell 6 rolls for £1 so even if you put 4 slices of bacon in each roll and only charge £2 each that's an outlay of less than £4 for a return of £12 minimum-not bad surely .....£8 profit /6 rolls minus your gas.

Edited by bruno22rf