Police protection for rare birds

Jonnyni

Thanks for that article jonnyni, it was interesting.

It just shows how perverse the BBC has become.

I thought that it was the role of police wild life protection officers to do just that, are they intimating that the police have become species specific, and if so for how long?

I watched an interesting documentary on TV a few weeks ago, I cant remember which channel. It was about the reintroduction of birds of prey into Scotland, one species was the fish eagle. The documentary was very intersting in many ways. I was astounded when I heard one of the main RSPB scientists acknowledge the help and assistance rendered by farmers and gamekeepers, the society is usually very quick to condemn gamekeepers, perhapps they forget their true value to the countryside.

webber

Interesting article. I heard a few months ago that certain bird people were going to put a small chip under the skin of hen harrier chicks so they could track there movements when they becime adult and so they could find out where they are disappearing too. I don't know whether thats true or not.