air pistol

kody

Crossman 2240 - only one near the limit that's dirt cheap, as well as being more accurate than you are.[/quote

Is that co2 or spring

If you want something that shoots accurately but does not cost the earth, Crosman 2240

Damn, bruno22rf beat me to it

They use a single CO2 capsule

'22 or .177 how many shots per capsal

The 2240 is only a .22, and I can't remember how many shots I get from mine, but enough for plinking.

As written above, they are very noisy, so a silencer is a must

Edited by amateur

Best non co2 is HW45 but if you want a co2 there are plinkers like umarex .45 or crosman revolver that are ok for back garden.

The Crosman 2240, single shot, bolt action co2 in .22, 40 shots per capsule. you can add shoulder stock and sight/laser etc but a moderator is a good choice as it is noisy.

Crosman have lots of after market mods to increase.....performance.

I have a 2240 with a silencer on it does 28/30 shots from a cartridge and yes u can modify it to the ullo and beyond.There,s adaptors for air or large co2 ,higher power valves but u are restricted by law to 6lb/ft .You can get a multi shot conversion with a 10 round mag and if you find the basic black colour boring there,s brass and stainless bits if you like shiny shiny .It,s ideal for back yard plinking .Scope adaptors and it,s own forum to.

It,s a bit of fun enjoy it

Some other pistols to consider...

BSA Scorpion, Spring powered but really quite powerful (And a bit heavy too!!)..

w6f4dQO.jpg

Crosman 1322 classic multipump pneumatic, .22cal and can be quite powerful but need to be pumped up to ten times for full power- Noisy whilst pumping!

zIhOuHE.jpg

BSA Magnum 240, Quite powerful spring pistols but can be a little difficult to master the hold required!

AtsngIl.jpg

I love the old steel overlever Webley pistols but nowhere near full power at around 3.5ft lbs muzzle energy, The just feel so nice in the hand!

WetP0na.jpg

The Crosman 357 is a Co2 10 shot repeater that's good fun! As will many Co2 pistols, The forst 15-20 shots are quite powerful fropm a fresh cart but the drop off is noticed!

3tpanYR.jpg

The PP700 is a cheap precharged pneumatic pistol that is both powerful and accurate (Doesn't come with open sights though) It's a single shot pistol and available in .177 and .22cal, The pistol is regulated and is filled to 250bar..

S52zNhc.jpg

The most fun of all is the Crosman 600, A ten shot repeater in .22 (There is a .177cal similar pistol but it's designated the 677- very rare though!).

YDR2ubN.jpg

Other pistols to think about are the Weihrauch HW45, As already suggested, The Crosman 2240, EB20/22 and the multishot Co2 guns such as the Lugers, Webley Mk6 revolvers, Broomhandle Mausers, In fact there's more pistols out there now than the parson preached about!! :lol:

I couldn't include pics of the last lot of suggestions as I don't have them in my collection yet :hmm:

cPuRzQx.jpg

John :good:

The 1322 can be pumped in almost total silence if you have the knack but the later ones are made in Mexico where Juan doesn't really care if looks like its been assembled by a drunken Sloth - they also have plastic breach blocks which should be avoided like a coin on the floor at a puffs convention. The BSA is one of the worst pistols ever made - the barrel is tiny and loading and cocking the beast is so much hassle that the final shooting of the lump leaves you wondering why you bothered. The HW45 is a fine pistol but requires a lot of input from the user to get much out of it whilst the Webley offerings are, in my opinion, terrible to shoot and are best left to the collectors who can sit and rub them in the evenings whilst fantasising about original boxes and sales brochures. The Crossman 2240 is dirt cheap and tried and tested over many years - the Ratcatcher is the same gun with a longer nose and a stock that will Roger a Rabbit at 25 paces all day long so you know the tiny twin is capable. BTW the CO2 357 is about as much fun as you can have with your trousers on.

The 1322 can be pumped in almost total silence if you have the knack but the later ones are made in Mexico where Juan doesn't really care if looks like its been assembled by a drunken Sloth - they also have plastic breach blocks which should be avoided like a coin on the floor at a puffs convention. The BSA is one of the worst pistols ever made - the barrel is tiny and loading and cocking the beast is so much hassle that the final shooting of the lump leaves you wondering why you bothered. The HW45 is a fine pistol but requires a lot of input from the user to get much out of it whilst the Webley offerings are, in my opinion, terrible to shoot and are best left to the collectors who can sit and rub them in the evenings whilst fantasising about original boxes and sales brochures. The Crossman 2240 is dirt cheap and tried and tested over many years - the Ratcatcher is the same gun with a longer nose and a stock that will Roger a Rabbit at 25 paces all day long so you know the tiny twin is capable. BTW the CO2 357 is about as much fun as you can have with your trousers on.

I'd take exception to the 357 comment and say that the Crosman 600 is more fun as it's more powerful, Feels nice and hefty in the hand with the fabulous palm swell and the It's great to see the transparent action of the shuttle when it flies across to the mag at speed to scoop another pellet up!! :yes:

John :)