Guns in America

fortune

The majority of people in the States seem to have got the jitters and are tooling up. This appears to be a situation where the liberal left are very worried by the recent election and perceived dangers. If I were out there on holiday and I broke down I don't think that I would be going knocking on anyone's door for being mistaken for a bad guy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38297345

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberal garbage this attitude developed in the 8 years Obama was in office. It has been proven that most of the cases of graffiti hate have been done by themselves to draw the media to there cause. Also from the LEFT leaning BBC give me a break.

Hi

I have no stake in this matter and this has no bearing on the situation that we experience here. It was not a post with a political angle or bias it was just a comment on the report. Here is a small part of it. >>> Gun sales in America hit record levels in October amid fears a Hillary Clinton election victory would lead to increased controls.

Many expected the election of Donald Trump, whose candidacy was backed by the National Rifle Association, to bring an end to the panic buying. Shares in gun manufacturers dropped by as much as 18% following his victory.

But instead FBI background checks for gun transactions soared to a new record for a single day - 185,713 - during the Black Friday sales on 25 November. <<<<<

This must indicate that the general public are going out and buying guns ect dictated by who they thought was going to be elected. This is just a statement of fact, not any sort of political statement supporting one side or the other.

Edited by fortune

Liberal garbage this attitude developed in the 8 years Obama was in office. It has been proven that most of the cases of graffiti hate have been done by themselves to draw the media to there cause. Also from the LEFT leaning BBC give me a break.

great reply, I listen to many of the u.s talk radio shows, Levin, savage, valentine,cunningham, and rush, these people confirm exactly what you are saying,

so many people in the west have been brainwashed by this liberal agenda, have a look at Chicago, run by liberals, 4000 murders in 8 years of Obama.

never listen to a liberal, they are the people who invented 'gun-free zones', the first place a 'shooter' will seek out due to zero resistance.

liberalism is a mental disorder, a national suicide.

I'd. Better get off up to see BOSHER, Armourer to the masses straight away. He has been proclaiming this for ages. We're OK for knives, she's got several carving knives in the kitchen draw but I did read that the blood from zombies makes the blades go all rusty. She will do her nut if that happens. and the Zombies won't like cold rusty steel right up em, Mr Mainwaring. Our American friends won't understand all of this post. It's about an old TV series.

great reply, I listen to many of the u.s talk radio shows, Levin, savage, valentine,cunningham, and rush, these people confirm exactly what you are saying,

so many people in the west have been brainwashed by this liberal agenda, have a look at Chicago, run by liberals, 4000 murders in 8 years of Obama.

never listen to a liberal, they are the people who invented 'gun-free zones', the first place a 'shooter' will seek out due to zero resistance.

liberalism is a mental disorder, a national suicide.

This is a self fullfiling prophecy of death, sort of like the economics theory of allocation under uncertainty. I'll get a gun just in case the next guy has one already indicates an enhanced level of fear, scared people are jumpy, and jumpy scared people do things they wouldn't ordinarily do. In a gun free zone you'd be unlikely to get shot even though you're more vulnerable to gun crime. 500 murders a year in one city? Can that be right?

This is a self fullfiling prophecy of death, sort of like the economics theory of allocation under uncertainty. I'll get a gun just in case the next guy has one already indicates an enhanced level of fear, scared people are jumpy, and jumpy scared people do things they wouldn't ordinarily do. In a gun free zone you'd be unlikely to get shot even though you're more vulnerable to gun crime. 500 murders a year in one city? Can that be right?

Even greater reply.

It is America!

Would you like to send your children to school that's called a gun free zone, whilst people with guns outside this zone can act as they wish?

Or would you prefer that they go to a school with a trained gun marshall present, which would make any deranged individual think twice, and then if he is that deranged, the marshall gives your children a chance at living.

but people will twist the above, and make it sound like the marshall is more likely to go berserk.

Remember, air-marshalls have probably protected you on many occasions, without you knowing.

Oh, come on! If you really were as stupid as to believe that you would not be smart enough to write :)

You mean, they're not really the world police with the answer to everything? :sad1: I've been conned, must change my newspapers

P.S. - stupid is a power word most often used by those of limited intellect. Not wanting to start a war here, but it was a bit strong

Would you like to send your children to school that's called a gun free zone, whilst people with guns outside this zone can act as they wish?

Or would you prefer that they go to a school with a trained gun marshall present, which would make any deranged individual think twice, and then if he is that deranged, the marshall gives your children a chance at living.

but people will twist the above, and make it sound like the marshall is more likely to go berserk.

Remember, air-marshalls have probably protected you on many occasions, without you knowing.

That's the idea, and the marshalls keep the bad guys out of the no gun zone instead of doing a Rourkes drift in the school hall

No need to twist anything, a society that is so broken where the need may even exist for a gun marshal to accompany children to school is bonkers enough. But then some will twist that and make it sound like the libtards have gone all dreamy eyed about a society that can live without guns. ;)

I don't get it?

now be really daring, and tell us the percentage demographic of the murderers and the murdered.

What don't you 'get'?

It's clear that the vast majority of gun crime in the US is gang related, and is perpetrated by blacks and hispanics, who are overwhelmingly the victims too. Nothing daring in stating the facts.

There are blacks and hispanics in other countries around the world, in fact I'm pretty sure there are a whole lot of black countries in Africa and at least half a dozen hispanic ones yet none have anywhere near the murder/gang/gun crime as the US of A, methinks something within the US of A is partly to blame and it just happens to be run by mainly old white men ! Just stating facts by the way.