Just bin to the tip

bigrob

booked up to go to Stoke Orchard re-cycling centre so I could take my pickup with all the old tv's from the house - also took our old mattress. All I got was - can't dump this - can't dump that and I couldn't get anyone to help with carrying the old crt telivisions up the steps to throw them in the bin! Good job i'm a big strong boy? I asked the bloke if they were all Nazis - He didn't laugh. anyone else had problems with this. :mad: .

Local tip started charging for this that n t,other a while back about 6 people drink tea there ,used to be very helpful til the extra charges started.Now u get to struggle whilst they watch.Council tip run by a private company ,erm sorry im paying 1500 quid a year for what .

It's frustrating to think that you pay your council tax (of which being able to use the public tip is a very small part) and you get this kind of treatment or level of service. It really annoys me to think that the companies which now run these sites feel that this is acceptable. I can understand H&S to a degree but some seem to use this as carte blanche to do sweet fanny adams. It boils back to what I said in a previous post where civil servants are concerned, some people will genuinely help yet others seem to enjoy putting obstacles in the way.

Chelmsford City Council are going the same way 🙄 A few years ago they removed the height restriction barriers to allow vans in, they were quite happy to report in local news papers about the amount of fly tipping that had reduced as a result, giving there selves a big public pat on the back.

End of last year they brought in a van ban & reinstated the height restriction barriers, followed by fortnightly bin emptyIng 🤔

I'm predicting an 'increase in fly tipping' news paper article real soon....

Edited by Me matt

Some guy took something out of a skip and put it in the back of his car, a guy working on the tip walked up quietly, took it out of his car and threw it back in the skip, this was all done with no facial expression and not a single word spoken.

Me and the Mrs and the chap that took out this thing just stared in amazement and laughed while watching the tip employee just walk off.

yet they moan about land fill, some folk haven't got the brains of an embryo.

We have a jobsworth at our tip who likes to bark out orders whilst sitting in a deckchair. Fortunately he's too bone idle to get out of it if you ignore him. We took a load of plastic pipe that had brass compression fittings on and he told us we would have to take it apart. Luckily my mrs was there and she said "No. i'm not doing that. You crack on if you want to." He said "Well put in in the landfill then" (without getting out of his deckchair.)

I want a job like that.

It is simple to blame the council for everything but with this government they are cutting the money that they are given it must be a nightmare trying to juggle paying for care of old and disabled people old peoples homes who gets the money do they spend it on recycling if people do not like the way that they are doing it they can always stand for the council and try to get voted in but that would be to much like hard work.

Looks like we have a good setup at Wigan. You drive in and park up next to the area you want rubble, garden waste, card, timber, metal and there are loads of smaller containers for florescent bulbs, books, small appliances etc. The staff are very helpful, it's clean but really stinks in summer as it is a massive indoor facility.

Lets see how long before they **** it up.

It is simple to blame the council for everything but with this government they are cutting the money that they are given it must be a nightmare trying to juggle paying for care of old and disabled people old peoples homes who gets the money do they spend it on recycling if people do not like the way that they are doing it they can always stand for the council and try to get voted in but that would be to much like hard work.

My heart bleeds for them..... NOT!

my local tip was revamped about two years ago it was all pulled down re tarmaced with all very large skips and steps at the sides the problem was three employees was made redundant, so one of the redundant employees decided to get very drunk and brake in started up the very large peice of plant they use to move the skips about and totally destroyed the whole place was court on cctv. ended getting three years

Took some stuff to the tip about a year ago, guy says "what you got"?, I replied "General household rubbish", "oh we don't take that, all has to be separated". So the local tip no longer takes rubbish and then there's a big council program to remove illegally dumped rubbish from country road/mountain lay-bys. Someone who is too stupid is getting paid too much money.

The recycling/ skip sites up here I go to are great! although years ago there were a few jobsworth xxxxx, but now they help you if your struggling and let you take things within reason,I've even heard of them keeping an eye out for something and keeping it to the side. Beats why there still is some fly tipping happening here,done by trouble makers generally.

I use a commercial tip in Mitcham. Onto the weighbridge then back the van into the huge building and launch it all out. Some big old dozers to avoid.

I usually keep the sinks and taps to one side and unload them last so the lads can have them.

Works out way cheaper than paying what the council charge for vans at the local tip.

Only down side is the van gets caked in some disgusting grey sludge

In ashford in Kent they are awful too. When renovating our house my wife was heavily pregnant and I had a broken wrist in a cast, an they never offered to help with any stuff. There's one young lad there who does, but the older blokes are all on a power trip with the minute responsibility they have.

Now I have a pickup I have to apply for the privilege of being allowed 12 vouchers per year. If you have any other vehicles in the household your not allowed! I lied about that, as I don't have a truck to put all the dirty rubbing in my wife's boot! What if my second car was a classic Morgan? Also, the system is supposedly to show I'm not dumping commercial waste. So if I'm not commercial, why am I then limited to 13 trips a year? Especially when with a car you can tow in a big trailer with no issues! It's a joke! And your only allowed to dump 90kg of hardcore a trip. So when I ripped up our old concrete path, I had to leave it all in a pile in the garden and take 90kg per month til it was gone!

I have never u derstood fly tippers, but I'm beginning to get it now. Still, people should only tip onto council owned land, as they cause these issues in the first place!