Trumps immigration ban

Rewulf

Although the extent of the ban has been predictably blown out of proportion by worldwide media,and things like the UK petition to cancel his state visit reaching 1 mil + sigs.

Is he simply protecting US national security?

Is it a manifestation of hatred ,as so many in the media are saying?

As one pundit said though , 'I lock my doors at night,it doesnt mean I hate everyone outside ,it means I want to protect the ones inside'

Thoughts ?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this was about terror then Saudi Arabia should be number 1 on the list, it's about demonising brown people in general and why not use those who refuse to become puppets, why not use those who made a monkey out of the US by joining Russia in defeating "friendly rebels" (terrorists by any other name).

If this was about defeating terrorism then the US would hang its head in shame and just announce it is to stop all fake military wars and regime changes across the planet.

post-33911-0-51744800-1485773522_thumb.jpg

post-33911-0-67211300-1485773535_thumb.jpg

post-33911-0-31102300-1485773545_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hamster

Hamster - you have a valid point, based on those statistics. I would seriously question whether they are accurate, as I do not believe them for one second.

Ironic that Obama drew up the list - shame he won't own up to it now. The blanket ban seems over the top - at first glance - but the UK are advocating something similar, albeit not such a broad brush approach.

It's a complicated issue - Trump's ban is simplistic.

I'm not a Trump fan by a long shot but to put it in perspective it's a temporary, 120 day ban while they sort out the visa vetting process with exemptions for the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security. Then a cap of 50,000 which is as far as I can see exactly what it's been set at for the past 6 years (with the exception of Obama's final year).

Whether it serves the stated purpose or not, who knows, but it's far from unprecedented in the US or even the world. The reaction seems to be somewhat overblown in my opinion.

he has the right idea but going about it the wrong way...........positive vetting before visa's granted...and we need to do the same here.......

as to cancelling his visit......rubbish............just heard corbin spouting away wanting to ban him..............he seems to forget that when the chinese president came here he was alll over him like a rash....he seemed to have forgotton about the incaseration of tens of thousands of chinese locked up for no good reason ...and human rights disregarded.......trump is a pussycat compared to him.............

sooner or later the media is going to indirectly rule this world.......we need to start locking some of them up.................starting with Kay Burley...and some of her scumbag mates in the BBC...............

Trouble is we are seeing this portrayed exactly as the media wants to, sensationalist, left wing orientated and as for that lentil eating, sandal wearing **** Corbyn's view he is as two faced as the rest of them!

Point is Trump was elected by a majority (just) and many educated and professional Americans that I speak to daily agree with this.

The people voted him in.

Religious persecution is against their own Constitution :yes: blanket ban on refugees is against the Geneva Refugee Convention :yes: it was Trump himself who called it a ban on Muslims entering their country, now he's backtracking, the guy is demented.

Several Muslims slaughtered by gunmen in Canadian mosque shooting, I doubt very much we'll be hearing phrases like : well they belong to the religion of peace ;) about the perpetrators, in fact we're lucky the Canadians have branded it a terrorist act.

Terrorism cuts both ways but only one way is narrated through the media.

As I see it rite or wrong he is only doing what he said that he would do if he got elected and as for people in this country voting to stop him coming to visit the Queen they have got one million vote that sounds quite a lot but when you consider that the UK has 50 million plus people it is nothing added to that how many of them have voted many times on different computers its just a joke grow up people.

He was elected by his people.and has started by doing exactly what he said he would in his campaign speeches. Like him or loathe him could he be the first politician to actually keep his promise.a rare thing indeed. Pity our government has not got a small amount of his gumption.bit of a problem for our government at the moment.they will want to cosy up to Donald yet still pander to the whims of the EU who are mostly against him.an interesting few years ahead.and if he proves to be right in his beliefs then many decades of interesting politics around the world.

If this was about terror then Saudi Arabia should be number 1 on the list, it's about demonising brown people in general and why not use those who refuse to become puppets, why not use those who made a monkey out of the US by joining Russia in defeating "friendly rebels" (terrorists by any other name).

If this was about defeating terrorism then the US would hang its head in shame and just announce it is to stop all fake military wars and regime changes across the planet.

I have to agree but it is not just the US we Just did a deal with Turky to sell the fighter planes a country that was buying oil from Diash or IS and have been locking up television and newspaper reporters and loads of other people it seems to me any country that we in the west can sell stuff to is ok have we all really sunk this low I should add I am a big Trump fan.

If the US stopped blowing ten shades out of hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians in order to destabilise all the countries they can to create a buffer zone and forcing Russia and China into taking actions in order to maintain their rights of passage under international law and then brainwashing us into thinking it is Russian and Chinese aggression then perhaps we'd have fewer refugees and terrorists avowed to take revenge on the west because of imperialist expansion.

Signatures to ban a state visit by Trump = over a million.

Signatures to provide a tax free pension for members of the armed forces= 300k.

Says it all

That is because half of the dim wits that signed the State Visit petition have no idea what they are signing they just saw it on Facebook

Blown out of all proportion. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It was blown out of proportion because most of the media initially reported he had banned muslims from entering the US ,not true.

Mo Farrar ,'hes made me an illegal alien,I cant go home to my family and home in the US' ,not true.

Getting a million signatures isnt hard in a country with a minimum of 3 million ,who are feeling 'threatened' by trumps 'blanket' ban.

So I stand by my conclusion of 'blown out of proportion'

he has the right idea but going about it the wrong way...........positive vetting before visa's granted...and we need to do the same here.......

Exactly ,too much too soon.

Hamster - you have a valid point, based on those statistics. I would seriously question whether they are accurate, as I do not believe them for one second.

Ironic that Obama drew up the list - shame he won't own up to it now. The blanket ban seems over the top - at first glance - but the UK are advocating something similar, albeit not such a broad brush approach.

It's a complicated issue - Trump's ban is simplistic.

And this .

No one batted an eyelid after 9/11 or 7/11 when profiling came in.

Now days they would call it racial discrimination,whatever your thoughts about who was responsible ,heightened security is to make you feel like those in authority are doing their job,would you have it different ?

If people think that there is no threat then fair enough,maybe all the foiled attacks are just smoke,maybe they are not,shall we relax security and find out .

And if you wonder why some muslim countries have escaped the order,maybe,just maybe its because they have decent security and work with homeland security at their end ?

Religious persecution is against their own Constitution :yes: blanket ban on refugees is against the Geneva Refugee Convention :yes: it was Trump himself who called it a ban on Muslims entering their country, now he's backtracking, the guy is demented.

Several Muslims slaughtered by gunmen in Canadian mosque shooting, I doubt very much we'll be hearing phrases like : well they belong to the religion of peace ;) about the perpetrators, in fact we're lucky the Canadians have branded it a terrorist act.

Terrorism cuts both ways but only one way is narrated through the media.

It's not really religious persecution though as their Federal law requires religion to be taken into account when processing asylum applications, long before Trump.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1158

And neither is it a blanket ban on refugees which would definitely be against the UN convention.

I totally agree on the "terrorism cuts both ways" argument but the specific shooting in Quebec this morning doesn't look to be quite what the news media assumed it was.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.journaldequebec.com%2F2017%2F01%2F29%2Fdes-coups-de-feu-dans-un-mosquee-de-sainte-foy&edit-text=

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4170500/Five-dead-GUNMEN-open-fire-Mosque-Quebec-City.html

Edited by MonkeyKong