Ropsley Driven Day

jay404

HI

its my first time doing a driven day with my Go Pro so please be gentle

today i was at one of Richards Affordable days and had a Great Time at Ropsley.

Fantastic Birds Great Banter and Generally Good day Enjoyed by all

Didn't shoot the best today but had fun anyway

Yep, stopped looking after a couple of minutes as the constant movement got me dizzy, but all these Go Pro videos are the same unfortunately, recording the slightest movement and of course if your shooting your constantly scanning the sky.

I hate all that noise from beaters, totally unnecessary if the keeper knows his job. The same as shouting between guns.

That apart, pleased you enjoyed your day. Richard does do his best to set things up right.

What's that long piece of whatever on the muzzle of your shotgun? Not referring to the extended choke .. looks like some sighting set up.

Yeah I'm thinking of getting a gun mount for it instead or possibly slowing the video down and edit them shorter to lose some of the movement .

And the sight on top of my gun is a easy hit luminous bead I found it helps me pick the target up easier .

And as guest I just went with the flow the noise never bothers me might of been because there was only a few beaters but they worked well as a team so cannot fault them .

Yep, stopped looking after a couple of minutes as the constant movement got me dizzy, but all these Go Pro videos are the same unfortunately, recording the slightest movement and of course if your shooting your constantly scanning the sky.

I hate all that noise from beaters, totally unnecessary if the keeper knows his job. The same as shouting between guns.

That apart, pleased you enjoyed your day. Richard does do his best to set things up right.

What's that long piece of whatever on the muzzle of your shotgun? Not referring to the extended choke .. looks like some sighting set up.

Give the lad a break, it's his first video & I think sometimes people are very quick to judge without appreciating the time & effort that goes into making & editing the videos.

The beaters sounded like a Native American tribe at one point lol, but the original poster could hardly do anything about that.

Keep the videos coming fella!!!

Agree absolutely Ollie. Re read what I wrote and it did sound a bit harsh BUT if you watch any of these go pro videos of shooting, it is very difficult not to have this problem and I am sure he realised that as soon as he reviewed it. I cannot se any way around it. By the nature of what you are doing, your head is swinging from side to side looking for birds.

A barrel mounted camera with a thumb operated switch to use as you mount the gun might work. Not easy at all. The main thing was he enjoyed his day.

The video is a record of your day and you are there to enjoy the shooting first and foremost. Removing the head movement interferes with your days shooting and takes a lot of practice. Mounting the camera on the gun will give you little more than Shotkam type footage and won't capture the day, banter , others shooting etc. For a first video I thought this was great, thanks for taking the time to edit and post

Agree absolutely Ollie. Re read what I wrote and it did sound a bit harsh BUT if you watch any of these go pro videos of shooting, it is very difficult not to have this problem and I am sure he realised that as soon as he reviewed it. I cannot se any way around it. By the nature of what you are doing, your head is swinging from side to side looking for birds.

A barrel mounted camera with a thumb operated switch to use as you mount the gun might work. Not easy at all. The main thing was he enjoyed his day.

I make videos with a head cam too & it is difficult sometimes to concentrate on shooting & the camera; however, I think we are lucky in this day & age that we have all this technology to make videos that we wouldn't have had 10 years ago.