Bad back-no problem-just need a gadget

lakeside1000

Out on the pigeons last Friday, I was worried I would set my bad back off again, "its all the bending to pick up birds" I explained to the wife, she looked thoughtful for a moment then disappeared into the kitchen , coming back a moment later with her litter picker upper, a thing with a handle and trigger at one end and a pair of jaws at the other, I laughed but took it , stuck it in the truck and headed out for the farm, set up on the side of a large rape field, birds were about , not huge numbers but still ok, I struggled to set out the decoys ,got the hide up and magnet out, withing a few minutes I had a flurry of birds in and shot well, 5 down so decided to clear up, I picked up the picker upper and headed out to the first bird, jaws around its neck, I pulled the trigger and up it came to my free hand, perfect, collected the rest in the same manner and back to the hide, no bending, no back ache, marvellous, had 17 and a nice cock pheasant before I packed up, even using the picker upper to collect the decoys,

Its coming with me on every out in the future, just the job. :lol::lol:

Edited by lakeside1000