The people of PW & shooters in general

keg

For the 3rd since joining I met up with a fellow PWer this evening ( buying and selling some bits) and what a top man!

He knows who he is :-) A gent to deal with and had a good chat in the process.

Thanks again John!

Met Neil ( Taxi Driver) another gent and a chap who bought a pair of breeks who was also a decent bloke.

I have some friends who i've met shooting and nothing is too much trouble, both are hugely knowledgeable about reloading and optics and are happy to share knowledge and kit.

Must be something about shooters.

I too have met lots of top people from here and still in touch with most of them. Only trouble is that over the past 10 yrs every single one the them has been banned from the site 👎

Freedom of speech

At the end of the day, if you click the "I agree to abide by the forum rules" button on joining a privately owned forum which asks that members don't swear for example, then repeatedly ignore warnings and get a full ban, thats not exercising freedom of speech, thats being dumb.

Plenty of people get by just fine on here and have done for years simply by taking responsibility for themselves and what they post. Anyone who is banned got themselves to that point, and after numerous warnings in all but the most serious cases.

It's a shame to see that someone who wanted to start a positive thread has had it hijacked by moaning.

As a moderator on another forum, I have found the moderators on here do a pretty good job. Had my wrist slapped a couple of times for minor infringements on 'terminolgy'. Anyone getting banned has without doubt been discussed fully between moderators before the action taken.

Zapp nailed it in one.

"The good the bad and the ugly" springs to mind. :-)

Ah, I have to say it was good to meet you too Tim, thank you.

Frankly I am sure that any hobby will attract those who have a passion for it. There is a lot to learn in something like shooting, and I'm certainly happy to share and never afraid to ask questions either.

I must have met several hundred pw members over the years , a right bunch of ner do wells they are , in fact , I had one of them at my house last night and he ate most of my mini spring rolls and samosas :-).

That's beyond the pale!!

Ah, I have to say it was good to meet you too Tim, thank you.

Frankly I am sure that any hobby will attract those who have a passion for it. There is a lot to learn in something like shooting, and I'm certainly happy to share and never afraid to ask questions either.

:-)

Over the years I've met quite a lot of people from this forum. In the main they've all been reasonable, helpful and generally affable folk, all sharing a common interest. As with all walks of life you do meet the some oddballs, but it's your choice as to whether you associate with them or not. I didn't know anyone that used this forum when i joined, but i never felt like an outsider trying to crash a private party. I did learn very quickly not to ask stupid questions (snap caps springs to mind :lol: ) and don't pretend to be an expert just because you have access to Google. You'll get found out quickly and receive zero mercy :yes: . Playing by the rules on here is basically common sense so isn't exactly difficult. It's a pity it isn't possible to ban people away from this forum as I've encountered some truly obnoxious and objectionable individuals within the shooting fraternity, who are given a wide berth :/

Over the years I've met quite a lot of people from this forum. In the main they've all been reasonable, helpful and generally affable folk, all sharing a common interest. As with all walks of life you do meet the some oddballs, but it's your choice as to whether you associate with them or not. I didn't know anyone that used this forum when i joined, but i never felt like an outsider trying to crash a private party. I did learn very quickly not to ask stupid questions (snap caps springs to mind :lol: ) and don't pretend to be an expert just because you have access to Google. You'll get found out quickly and receive zero mercy :yes: . Playing by the rules on here is basically common sense so isn't exactly difficult. It's a pity it isn't possible to ban people away from this forum as I've encountered some truly obnoxious and objectionable individuals within the shooting fraternity, who are given a wide berth :/

Agreed, although as a newbie to shooting, which was before the days of the WWW a site like this would have been brilliant as i knew absolutely nothing as i don't come from a shooting family.

I must claim to be very careful with bad language, in fact I only swear when it slips out!

That's why we have a swear filter, to help folk when the odd word slips out,

Then you get those that deliberately try and get round it, that's when the problems start,

Anyway, as Zapp says......

Back on topic :good:

:shaun: