Wind phone app - windy

ShropshireSam

I have tried several weather apps but always thought the wind data is not as easy to monitor over several days. A sailing friend put me onto Windy - this is a free app and has the useful weather data but focuses on wind. You can add locations as favourites. I liked it so bought the pro version for £10 and then found you could alter the settings ... so not sure if you can do this on the free version or not. With the settings I could change the wind speed from m/s to mph and I could remove all the wave information - hopefully not relevant in a hide! The best thing is that you can look at the wind over the next week and see the speed (wind and gusts) and direction ... also gives temperature and rainfall. Recommend it...but see what you can do with the free version as this may do all you want.

Until 3 yrs ago I dived for 20 yrs in the Uk with my own dive RIB. From experience I relied on "Windinder". I suspect many sites use the same basic data but it's the forecasting algorithm (if that's what it's called) which gives Windinder the edge over others.

Winfinder allows you to change a number of the settings eg wind speeds from knots to kph to mph or to Beaufort scale. Temperature can be changed fro F to C.

Give it a look see

I use the MET OFFICE app on the iPhone for the last four years and by far it has the best algorithms for what will most likely happen. I find BBC weather always errors on the worst case scenario while Met Office is a bit more realistic. Free and regularly updated and easy to use and store favourites.... and no adverts.