pigeon magnet

bigfish1

Haven't used one so can't comment, but here's my tuppence worth....

Magnets are simple contraptions, the cheapest ones almost always use a car window wiper motor which are more often than not very reliable.

If weight is an issue, then the higher priced end will get you a lighter machine. I personally would avoid cheap and light!

What to look for in my view is the ground spikes, because that's where the "not so great machines will probably let you down. Fixing magnets down in the winter or summer when the ground is hard is when you know how good your magnet is, but note if the ground is really solid even the best machines will give you a hard time setting them up. I've seen magnet which are difficult to prop in the ground and spikes bend with even moderately hard ground. Once the spikes bend once or twice it's as good as useless next time you have hard ground again.

Iv'e had two magnets for over 8 years, cheap as chips, heavy, not pretty but solid as a rock.and never let me down. It was more luck than judgement on my behalf buying off the net, but if I had to do it again I would be looking at the above.......

• 2 weeks later...

I bid for on eBay and won a lightweight A1 magnet a couple of weeks ago, it was retailed at £79.99, I got it for £41.00, what a bargain, it arrived very quickly and has already been out twice, it is great, arms and main stand are telescopic, it will run fully extended with two dead birds on board and fly's around, my best bargain so far this year. Thanks A1. :lol::lol:

Haven't used one so can't comment, but here's my tuppence worth....

Magnets are simple contraptions, the cheapest ones almost always use a car window wiper motor which are more often than not very reliable.

If weight is an issue, then the higher priced end will get you a lighter machine. I personally would avoid cheap and light!

What to look for in my view is the ground spikes, because that's where the "not so great machines will probably let you down. Fixing magnets down in the winter or summer when the ground is hard is when you know how good your magnet is, but note if the ground is really solid even the best machines will give you a hard time setting them up. I've seen magnet which are difficult to prop in the ground and spikes bend with even moderately hard ground. Once the spikes bend once or twice it's as good as useless next time you have hard ground again.

Iv'e had two magnets for over 8 years, cheap as chips, heavy, not pretty but solid as a rock.and never let me down. It was more luck than judgement on my behalf buying off the net, but if I had to do it again I would be looking at the above.......

first thing i did was to put an inline fuse in the power lead, because i had rotary fall due to soggy ground, arms hit the ground stalled the motor, but because i seen it going and quick on the ole toes i got to it before any damage could be done. so i thought fuse this baby, if it happens again it will take the fuse rather than the motor

I bid for on eBay and won a lightweight A1 magnet a couple of weeks ago, it was retailed at £79.99, I got it for £41.00, what a bargain, it arrived very quickly and has already been out twice, it is great, arms and main stand are telescopic, it will run fully extended with two dead birds on board and fly's around, my best bargain so far this year. Thanks A1. :lol::lol:

What a bargain that was, glad you're pleased with it :)

Any cheeky discount codes for PW members?

I can give you a 5% discount code!

Dont bother with the lightweight ones. My mate has had 2 burn out.

Get the Telescopic one from A!.. Pigtele.. Ive had mine out in all weathers... The bag I bought from A1 to put it in however was **** and didnt last more than 3 outings before the zips broke.

Magnet good.. Bag not so... :good:

Dont bother with the lightweight ones. My mate has had 2 burn out.

Get the Telescopic one from A!.. Pigtele.. Ive had mine out in all weathers... The bag I bought from A1 to put it in however was **** and didnt last more than 3 outings before the zips broke.

Magnet good.. Bag not so... :good:

Glad the telescopic magnet is going well. However please pop me a priviate message or email me at sales@a1decoy.co.uk and we can sort you out a replacement bag, sorry to hear it broke so quickly!

Glad the telescopic magnet is going well. However please pop me a priviate message or email me at sales@a1decoy.co.uk and we can sort you out a replacement bag, sorry to hear it broke so quickly!

The bag might have let me down but not Oscar @ A1!!!

I merely mentioned that the bags zips broke quite early on and didnt even mention it to A1 because it was a just bag... and sh!t happens. Even though it was about £15 quid or so as I recall. Anyway, straight away,

Oscar to the rescue... New bag in the post... Plus some screws that had broken from my pro flaps (which really are excellent btw for the magnet when you have no dead birds) and because they are super light the battery lasts longer!!

Those Pro Flaps really do have some great movement from the wings and look more realistic than dead birds from the hide because the wing/s flap when its going around...I have almost shot them so many times out of reaction when I glimpse back in the magnets direction lol..

Keep up the good work A1... Ill keep coming back!

The bag might have let me down but not Oscar @ A1!!!

I merely mentioned that the bags zips broke quite early on and didnt even mention it to A1 because it was a just bag... and **** happens. Even though it was about £15 quid or so as I recall. Anyway, straight away,

Oscar to the rescue... New bag in the post... Plus some screws that had broken from my pro flaps (which really are excellent btw for the magnet when you have no dead birds) and because they are super light the battery lasts longer!!

Those Pro Flaps really do have some great movement from the wings and look more realistic than dead birds from the hide because the wing/s flap when its going around...I have almost shot them so many times out of reaction when I glimpse back in the magnets direction lol..

Keep up the good work A1... Ill keep coming back!

Oscar left us a year ago nearly now to go travelling. Myself (Aimee) have been dealing with your replacements and trying my best to help. I have had the new order you placed today and replacement parts dispatched with it all today for you on a parcel force next day service. :)

hi bigfish1 to answer your question and not plug another companys magnet aa decoys magnet which I have had for a few years now and used regularly still going strong as are the two flappers I bought from them.can highly recommend value quality and service.

Oscar left us a year ago nearly now to go travelling. Myself (Aimee) have been dealing with your replacements and trying my best to help. I have had the new order you placed today and replacement parts dispatched with it all today for you on a parcel force next day service. :)

Oops sorry Aimee.. I just presumed it was Oscar.. my bad.. I think what also led me to believe it was oscar was the edit from the earlier post in this thread http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/351453-pigeon-magnet/?do=findComment&comment=3219319 It says Oscar edited it :)

Good luck with the horses (money pit) lol and thanks for sorting me out with the replacements and new bits... Those magnet extension arms will be amazing Im sure!!