12 Bore, 65mm, Fibre, 30g, 2.5mm (UK 6.5) Shot

Try Fiocchi, I used their 28 gram 6 in fibre through my 2 1/2" Westley this Season. Although a touch dirty, they did clean out easily afterwards. They worked as well as the Hull that I have always used and they were quite a bit cheaper. I know they do a 30 gram cartridge for not a lot more money. I intend to get some more before any more price increases. Their 6 shot is rated as 2.6mm though.

Edited by Westley

Thanks, Guys.

I'm trying to give an old lady that's just made her century an easy time. The only one that fits the bill exactly (check the pellet count) is Hull Driven Grouse but although there won't be too many rounds down, that's a tad over the top price wise. Silly thing is, I don' think the spec' asked for is in any way out of order.

Unfortunately I think you will struggle price wise I use a gun built in 1910 for my game shooting and always use express supreme game 30g 6 smoothest cartridge I have ever used but are expensive.

:good:

Back along before they changed ownership I put in a special order for a load of 28g 6&1/2s - considering the relatively small quantity, they wouldn't have done it now. They must have quite liked the idea as shortly after this shot size joined the range. As the lad is soon to get another gun he can put anything through, I think I'll stop looking and recommend he use these in the limited numbers.

Thanks, Guys.

I'm trying to give an old lady that's just made her century an easy time. The only one that fits the bill exactly (check the pellet count) is Hull Driven Grouse but although there won't be too many rounds down, that's a tad over the top price wise. Silly thing is, I don' think the spec' asked for is in any way out of order.

So are you looking for paper cases too ?

So are you looking for paper cases too ?

Funny you should say that. No is the answer, but he's only just started shooting shotgun (he shoots everything else big you care to mention at work) and he's home next month with the gun in question so I did think I'd get a box for him so he'd know what it should smell like. :yes:

http://www.williampowell.com/William-Powell-Cartridges.htm

Red Grouse: The ultimate early season cartridge and as its name suggests, the ideal Grouse cartridge to use in English Game guns with 2½ chambers having 29 grams and 6.5 shot.

Red Game: Having a true 65mm case, this cartridge is especially designed for ‘old’ English Guns and is loaded with 30 grams of 5 or 6 shot. This cartridge incorporates some of the latest technology such as diamond shot. This gives the performance of a 70mm cartridge in a 65mm case. The blended powders deliver smooth recoil even in light weight game guns and are a real pleasure to shoot. An ideal Pheasant and Partridge cartridge.

http://www.williampowell.com/William-Powell-Cartridges.htm

Red Grouse: The ultimate early season cartridge and as its name suggests, the ideal Grouse cartridge to use in English Game guns with 2½ chambers having 29 grams and 6.5 shot.

Red Game: Having a true 65mm case, this cartridge is especially designed for ‘old’ English Guns and is loaded with 30 grams of 5 or 6 shot. This cartridge incorporates some of the latest technology such as diamond shot. This gives the performance of a 70mm cartridge in a 65mm case. The blended powders deliver smooth recoil even in light weight game guns and are a real pleasure to shoot. An ideal Pheasant and Partridge cartridge.

Just as you think you've cracked it, along comes some......... :yes:

Many, many thanks. Those need looking at. :good:

Just as you think you've cracked it, along comes some......... :yes:

Many, many thanks. Those need looking at. :good:

I bought a box of the blue lightening, should have bought a slab!

Hey are gamebore (like most rebranded shells) but made to Powells spec and between them should cover what you need and available by the box, slab, thou to suite.........

• 2 weeks later...

How about eley pigeon hv they are 6.5 shot 67mm case so ok in 65mm chamber but 32gm not 30gm

Eley do a pigeon load excatly as you want. I have 250 of them and they are very good.

Oh, I say, Guys, what bad luck! Don't think Whitebridges will be too pleased either.

Or is it a misprint on their web-site?

EDIT: Phew! It's OK, just rang, they're still available. The 6s are just a new product.

Edited by wymberley

Oh, I say, Guys, what bad luck! Don't think Whitebridges will be too pleased either.

Or is it a misprint on their web-site?

EDIT: Phew! It's OK, just rang, they're still available. The 6s are just a new product.

Ahoy brother wymberley. Why's that prey tell?

I admit to being a bit of a fan boy of 6.5 shot loads. I've even been through a slab of the 30g Hull Cartridge Grouse loads with the copper coated shot. I've used them on the poor mans grouse :rolleyes: to good effect.

First up I used my old Wilkinson SxS built in 1906 which is lightly choked and then a Perazzi o/u with 3/4 and full at a roost shoot. A first class cartridge at a big price would be my conclusion for what it's worth.

Ahoy brother wymberley. Why's that prey tell?

I admit to being a bit of a fan boy of 6.5 shot loads. I've even been through a slab of the 30g Hull Cartridge Grouse loads with the copper coated shot. I've used them on the poor mans grouse :rolleyes: to good effect.

First up I used my old Wilkinson SxS built in 1906 which is lightly choked and then a Perazzi o/u with 3/4 and full at a roost shoot. A first class cartridge at a big price would be my conclusion for what it's worth.

I remember you saying that you liked the Eley HV. This thread is on behalf of my step-son who's just picked up a cracking London SbS with 2&1/2" chambers and a couple of guys mentioned the HVs as an option. I'm now looking for myself for 32g of No 6&1/2 and chamber size is not a problem. Where I was getting the Rottweil now isn't so had another look at the old standby only to find that they're now No 6s AND 70 mm. Typical! Anyway, I rang to see what was what. This is a new version and the 67 mm No 6&1/2s are still available but not included on the web-site. I did, I confess, fail to ask available for how long.

I remember you saying that you liked the Eley HV. This thread is on behalf of my step-son who's just picked up a cracking London SbS with 2&1/2" chambers and a couple of guys mentioned the HVs as an option. I'm now looking for myself for 32g of No 6&1/2 and chamber size is not a problem. Where I was getting the Rottweil now isn't so had another look at the old standby only to find that they're now No 6s AND 70 mm. Typical! Anyway, I rang to see what was what. This is a new version and the 67 mm No 6&1/2s are still available but not included on the web-site. I did, I confess, fail to ask available for how long.

Gotcha! I think Eley are planning to phase out the Eley Pigeon 67mm 32g 6.5 shot in favour of the new range Eley Select which is in No 6 only. The Select is loaded in a 70mm case to attract the S/A shooter.

I've tried the Select and it isn't anywhere near the cartridge of the old range! No bigger fools than a Spanish owned company.

You can still get the HP (HV) Pigeon from Just Cartridges. http://www.justcartridges.com/images/pdfs/EL.pdf?date=2017-02-16

Price is big. I bought 5K about four year ago at £190 a thou'. Only 2 slabs left now.

Edited by Whitebridges