BSA Airsporter, Mk? in .22

Pigeon Shredder.

Hi all,

Friend of mine has acquired an Airsporter but cannot find which Mk it is.

The loading port is the thing that has us stumped as it has a cover that roll's over and across the barrel, so go's left to right, it's of machined aluminium and the port itself is sculpted so as you just drop the pellet in and push to locate and then the cover rolls over to cover the port.

Any information greatly received.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep- RB2 (Rotary Breech), I have a carbine version, I swapped it for a Crosman match pistol then bought it back from him, I didn't know at the time that it was doing 13ft lbs, My mate stripped it and chopped the spring so it's doing slightly over 11ft lbs and tuned it to be smoother, It's a lovely gun now!

6SUdgt6.jpg

gj01O9l.jpg

John :good:

Built by Gamo I believe - not even a real BSA .

Most likely, I'm not sure!!

I had a couple of BSA Lightnings that were Spanish (Or so I was told even though it says Made in England on the barrels!)

Only have the Mk1 now, I sold the XL..

BnubO2G.jpg

These are true Brit's though :good:

6SX0h7h.jpg

As are most of these :yes:

l3WGvOs.jpg

John :)

Great collection. My dad still has his mk1 airsporter always wanted one but ended up going german early hw77. But saying that recently got given a lincoln and jefferies from a good friend of mine off here. It was 1908 and rusted solid completely stripped and restored. Takes up wall space in my office

Great collection. My dad still has his mk1 airsporter always wanted one but ended up going german early hw77. But saying that recently got given a lincoln and jefferies from a good friend of mine off here. It was 1908 and rusted solid completely stripped and restored. Takes up wall space in my office

The 77 is a fabulous rifle as were the LJ's :yes:

0J6fnyV.jpg

John :good: