Browning auto 5

lurgan wildfowler

Brownells sells various ones for a fair chunk of money. They also do unfinished ones which I have but it's very basic-looking.

This set looks okay though. The ad used to have a picture, but it's a forend and stock: http://www.gunstar.co.uk/browning-a5-12-bore-gauge-semi-auto/Shotguns/863615

Did yours split? I bought a new forend and put a couple of layers of carbon fibre where it usually splits. I'd like to see it split now :P

Edited by Opossum

I may have one, amongst my box of Auto-5 bits and pieces, I'll have a look.

The basic brownells one is good though, I have one on my 1936 Auto-5 hundreds of rounds through it and never split. In fact I have never had one split in all the time I have owned my Auto-5's. It does needs a bit of fitting though I sanded the profile down as it rubbed on the mag tube slightly trick is to be able to slide a sheet of A4 paper easily between the forend below the barrel.

Quite a few of them seem to be damaged by excess oil, I think due to the misconception that the magazine tube needs to be lightly oiled. I always shoot mine bone dry (wiped over with acetone now and again) and no problems cycling 28 gram loads...

Edited by Wingman

Ahh stovepipes that brings back memories of spending hours practicing stoppage drills!

Anyways, to the OP my apologies I dont have a spare forend sorry, got some other bits if you get stuck. Good call about oiling the barrel where it slides into the receiver I would use CLP or Tetra Grease sparingly....

Great guns though and they seem to work best when not faffed over, well mine does anyway...