Discovery 2 door lock problems.

viking

• 4 months later...

well that lasted long, bloody key has gone again i think, went to open it again today and nothing, new battery in and still nothing, and as i never got the lock fixed or replaced i still couldnt get in with the key, so the AA were called again and they had to break in, :no::no:

took disco over the road to the land rover garage, key had lost its code for some reason.

put it on the computer thing and it said to re enter code, tried it 4 times but it wouldnt do it, next step was to buy a new key and try again, but he said it maybe a problem with the body control unit, and figuring all that out could be costly, so as the lock its self needed sorting out they have ordered me a new handle and lock thats made to fit my existing key so i dont need 1 to open the doors and 1 for ignition from land rover for £100, so iv given up on the remote central locking and in a week or so it should arrive and be sorted, :good::good:

• 1 month later...

well 6 week later and its come, not put it on yet, but tried ignition key in it and that doesnt work, the point of a new one was to avoid having 2 keys, other wise id of got one off a scrapper,will be complaining about this tomorrow, cost £132 with the VAT. will the central locking still work off the key in the door lock :hmm::hmm:

thanks.

lee

• 2 months later...

If the key will not enter fully, there is a problem with the lock. Foreign object or broken tumbler spring perhaps? Someone could have tried the locks on it and left something in there or damaged a tumbler. Whip the barrel out and check it for above. I have issues with my Laguna with silly things like this. Petrol flap refusing to open. Then when it does it refuses to lock again. Door keyless entry system plays funny beggars too. Your supposed to put your hand on the handle and a pad behind picks up a thermal signature to unlock the door! You get complacent and pull the handle and it locks the door but opens all the others :lol: so I now use the rear drivers door and if it happens there the drivers door is still unlocked. Technology is supposed to make life much easier, but when all is said and done it shortens life due to stress caused by the constant failures in technology. Computers, sensors, micro switches, cool packs etc! Give me a key, a coil, condenser, rotor arm, breaker points And leaf springs anyday.