In 100 years time (a theoretical post)

wandringstar

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World population growth is actually the biggest threat facing the human race but nobody will talk about it because there are no answers (except the big unpalatable one) so it just gets left.

How do you start to talk about mass extermination? Because that's what it will come to

Edited by Vince Green

when supermarkets throw out obscene amounts of food that is still more than edible, when fisherman are forced to throw back fish that are dead, you know the world has gone mad, we build on arable land to put up houses for people who don't want to work, and pay them to have families they couldn't afford if they tried.

Lets face it, its all a back to front world.

World population growth is actually the biggest threat facing the human race but nobody will talk about it because there are no answers (except the big unpalatable one) so it just gets left.

How do you start to talk about mass extermination? Because that's what it will come to

Or having less kids? The unemployable seem to consider getting knocked up a career opportunity.

Or having less kids? The unemployable seem to consider getting knocked up a career opportunity.

Walshie,,,You do not know how near the truth you are..

Wife worked on kid problems on the council years ago,,They took the kids off them..

By the time it had gone through another was on the way to replace it.??.

It was always good for Drink money and having a good time,this is fact not fiction I am afraid..

She needed steralising,but,,,who could warrant that,,it would never happen..

Oh, now that's a good one. A very uncomfortable view but bang on point.

War is no longer an option for seriously reducing population. A nuclear war could of course achieve it but such a war is likely to wipe out humanity, or at the very least knock up back to a relatively primitive level. A biological threat could wipe out very specific parts of humanity should someone be willing to create a virus that would only attack specific traits.

Natural disease could potentially cause death on a huge scale but as medical science advances outbreaks of such a disease become less likely, although certainly not impossible.

The availability of food and water being cut off to a large section of the population seems the most logical reason for large numbers of people dying. Not a particularly sinister reason, just the logic of supply and demand.

Expansion into our solar system and beyond would seem the only logical way to reduce the population of earth and potentially provide extra resources, or at the least reduce the resources needed on earth.

when supermarkets throw out obscene amounts of food that is still more than edible, when fisherman are forced to throw back fish that are dead, you know the world has gone mad, we build on arable land to put up houses for people who don't want to work, and pay them to have families they couldn't afford if they tried.

A lot of logic in your post :good:

This.

I've heard it said that conspiracy theorists apparently cite Chemtrails have a side effect of seeing off the old with breathing issues. I'm not saying I beleive it but I know someone who frequently uses a bright light to highlight the aluminium dust that is floating in the air all around us - and we breath it in, aluminium dust is poisonous. It even sticks to windscreens and aircraft windows.

He won't use his screen wash wipe now because it just smears, and that occurred on his one week old Porsche. Next time you are driving into the sun and have some clear space ahead of you give that a try if you are feeling brave and careless. He's even taken photo's and videos of the dust floating about his house after arriving home after a 10 day holiday.

I try to be open minded about it but I have seen it myself stuck to windows when shining a bright torch on the inside of the glass when it's dark. Also try a tight beam torch in a room or outside - you may well see the shiny reflective dust floating about.

I'll try to get a video of it from him.

Edited by Dave-G

This.

This.

War is no longer an option for seriously reducing population. A nuclear war could of course achieve it but such a war is likely to wipe out humanity, or at the very least knock up back to a relatively primitive level. A biological threat could wipe out very specific parts of humanity should someone be willing to create a virus that would only attack specific traits. Like AIDS for instance ?

Natural disease could potentially cause death on a huge scale but as medical science advances outbreaks of such a disease become less likely, although certainly not impossible.

And this.

100 years is a pretty long time in the scheme of things.

100 years ago the technology we had seems childlike ,but driven by warfare ,advances were rapidly made.

Imagine what it could be like in another century?

Procreation would probably become a lab affair,whilst recreational sex would be a solo ,virtual reality thing , this is already starting.

Social interaction would be less about meeting in person,VR again.

We will be slaves to the internet,no question of that,and social obedience will come with it , or your virtual life gets switched off.

I think population control/curtailment will happen in the near future,its not a new thing ,it can be birth style like China has done.

Or it can be via tragedy ,a flu pandemic or some other bio engineered illness,this could be blamed on some terrorist group to further strike fear into the populace-more control.

Manual labour would probably be severely limited or defunct, A.I. and robots doing most work,whilst the human population spends it days playing games on social media type environments or 'interacting' , education will be conducted in the same way, all this ,to some extent,already happening.

If all this sounds bleak to you ,its because you remember a time ,when none of this existed.

The generation that lives 100 years from now will remember nothing of the those times before,and will feel no pangs of nostalgia when old news footage shows people talking in person and doing manual work,if they are even allowed to see such things.

Like insects in a hive ,but with less purpose.

God I hate Mondays :lol:

Rewulf hit it with the Chinese method ,at some stage people are going to say no more 15 kids and a free house with cash.The old 1/2 kids max then sterilisation will be the start ,remember what the Indians did report to this clinic snip snip Mr no more babies here,s your free radio in compo now get lost.

Sounds extreme but the 2 largest populations have had this for years and people still keep chucking out babies against these rules so i have a feeling when a Trump type gets in you might find its no choice as has been said all sterilised at a certain age and your child if your allowed 1 comes out of a test tube .

We waste millions of tons of food but the world starves because we are greedy human nature stinks

Rewulf hit it with the Chinese method ,at some stage people are going to say no more 15 kids and a free house with cash.The old 1/2 kids max then sterilisation will be the start ,remember what the Indians did report to this clinic snip snip Mr no more babies here,s your free radio in compo now get lost.

Sounds extreme but the 2 largest populations have had this for years and people still keep chucking out babies against these rules so i have a feeling when a Trump type gets in you might find its no choice as has been said all sterilised at a certain age and your child if your allowed 1 comes out of a test tube .

We waste millions of tons of food but the world starves because we are greedy human nature stinks

but you cant aim your theory at white people, because white people are reducing year on year worldwide, you think that sounds crazy? There are mountains of statistics to back it up.

Edited by wandringstar

Either running out of fossil fuel or, that supplies are so limited that the cost will mean that only the wealthy can afford it will be interesting.

I doubt there is sufficient to last 100 years.

So...... no cars, no heating and lighting, offices, factories, hospitals, pumped water, waste water removal, tidal barriers, land drain pumps (no fens or Holland), many current populated areas will be uninhabitable due to extremes of climate temperatures. No processed food...go out and trap it yourself...it is likely that you will have to defend what you have.

Think back to life around a 1000 years ago and that will probably be the reality.

The abundance of oil has made what we have today.....it will run out!!