In 100 years time (a theoretical post)

wandringstar

but you cant aim your theory at white people, because white people are reducing year on year worldwide, you think that sounds crazy? There are mountains of statistics to back it up.

Places with the highest birth rates are countries like Pakistan, Somalia and Nigeria where large families are seen as signs of wealth and provide security in old age. Still primitive enough to have third world values but rich enough to have basic medical care which ensures a higher survival rate than in previous generations.

Then the large family outgrows the ability of its land to support so many people and the younger sons are forced to migrate away if they are to make a life for themselves. This is where cause and effect becomes blurred.

These countries are going to keep on producing more people than they can support and Europe is the only place the surplus young men can go.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst Ive heard the oil production link to population theory many times,I dont think that will be the deciding factor.

And bar ecological disaster ,food production should not be a an issue either ,the only reason people starve in the world today,is because it isnt profitable for the richer countries to feed them.

The rich farmlands of Northern US and Canada could feed most of the entire world, if you like soya,and corn!

I think energy is also less of a issue,now that cheap solar tech is widely available,same again ,it isnt profitable to make more use of it ,yet.

Having said that, I think we are a long way from oil running out.

rewulf, you talk about this fairy story of cheap solar tech, it is so useless that with all its subsidies it cant even give us one per cent of our energy needs. All it does is pump up everyones electric bills.

we are a grey little island in the middle of the sea, people that bought into solar are very gullible.

southern spain struggles, even if its sunny all day, it goes away at night.

hydro-electric is where any research should be going.

rewulf, you talk about this fairy story of cheap solar tech, it is so useless that with all its subsidies it cant even give us one per cent of our energy needs. All it does is pump up everyones electric bills.

we are a grey little island in the middle of the sea, people that bought into solar are very gullible.

I suppose my solar garden lights are powered by fairy dust then :lol:

Seriously ,it does produce electricity ,it is useful,no its not perfect or the answer to all our energy needs.

But my comment was in answer to **** who said that when the oil runs out ,we are all doomed (should have quoted him really)

However ,I dont think people who have bought into it have done a bad thing,its progress.

I dont think wind power is a bad thing either,or tidal,even geo at a pinch.

I am no green power junky by any stretch ,but its good to know there are other options before we get back to survival of the fittest within our cave dwellings.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know the Zeagar and Evans song; In the year 2525? There's your answer..... and I have this theory that everything you ever see in movies will at some point come true, so for us mere mortals who won't be around in 100 years, buy and store lots of guns with lots of ammo, just in case there is a zombie apocalypse hits early or that "eegit" Trump gets to hit the button

With all due respect, you are talking ****. Solar even works well in the UK. Admittedly only in the day (without storage) but demand is higher during the day for a large proportion of the day.

Have a look here in the day time.

http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

Hydro doesn't need research. It needs sites. The turbines are pretty efficient already. It's harder to find a site with enough flow and head that will generate enough (subsidised) electricity to repay the high civil engineering construction costs.

When you fly into Arizona for the last hour you fly over a massive area of desert where temperatures routinely average over 100 degrees. The potential for a massive string of solar farms across the whole of the southern states could produce enough electricity to cover a lot of their needs.

The Saraha could do the same for Europe

“The Fox’s Prophecy” was written over 100 years ago, and a much of it already seems to have come true. Here are a few extracts:

But ere your limbs are bent with age,
And ere your locks are grey,
The sport that you have loved so well
Shall long have passed away.

…..

The sports of their forefathers
To baser tastes shall yield;
The vices of the town displace
The pleasures of the field.

…..

Trade shall be held the only God
And gain the sole device;
The statesman's aim shall be peace,
And peace at any price.

Her army and her navy
Britain shall cast aside;
Soldiers and ships are costly things,
Defence an empty pride.

The Germans and the Muscovite
Shall rule the narrow seas;
Old England's flag shall cease to float

In triumph in the breeze.

Population control will happen naturally, we have antibiotic resistant superbugs that are gaining on medical science far more quickly than we can develop new ones. I reckon diseases like malaria will spread to the Northern hemisphere as global warming increases.

Childhood diseases like chicken pox and measles will become more serious, even a simple chest infection will become a problem that out current drugs won't cure.

Running out of oil? It may happen one day, we are using Arab oil, Russian gas and all the time we are sitting on huge reserves of coal that will still be there when everything else gives up. Just a theory but maybe shutting down our mining industry was more about future needs than a power struggle between Maggie and Scargill? I didn't like the devious old baggage but no denying she was clever!

Population control will happen naturally, we have antibiotic resistant superbugs that are gaining on medical science far more quickly than we can develop new ones. I reckon diseases like malaria will spread to the Northern hemisphere as global warming increases.

Childhood diseases like chicken pox and measles will become more serious, even a simple chest infection will become a problem that out current drugs won't cure.

Running out of oil? It may happen one day, we are using Arab oil, Russian gas and all the time we are sitting on huge reserves of coal that will still be there when everything else gives up. Just a theory but maybe shutting down our mining industry was more about future needs than a power struggle between Maggie and Scargill? I didn't like the devious old baggage but no denying she was clever!

global warming is a myth, biggest scam in history, biggest rewards in history. See through it.

global warming is a myth, biggest scam in history, biggest rewards in history. See through it.

Global warming is not a myth.

Its happened before ,and it will happen again,proven beyond all doubt.

But is it down to man ,no.

So if thats what was meant ,then yes ,big scam.

But biggest scam in history? I think not ,thats something for another thread though..

Global warming is not a myth.

Its happened before ,and it will happen again,proven beyond all doubt.

But is it down to man ,no.

So if thats what was meant ,then yes ,big scam.

But biggest scam in history? I think not ,thats something for another thread though..

I don't want to deviate from this thread but that's got the better of my curiosity, what's the biggest scam in history so I can Google it?

Tsk, tsk . . . do keep up gentlemen. It's not called global warming anymore, it's now climate change.

As Rewulf has said, it's always gone on. Has man caused it? Not very likely, although we may have influenced it in some fashion.

I don't want to deviate from this thread but that's got the better of my curiosity, what's the biggest scam in history so I can Google it?

Harnser's bunker.

Having read those comments, I despair. And predict in the next 100years utter cataclysm with massive population movements and resource wars.

Luckily, I'll be dead.

Un -luckily for your descendants ,they wont be.

The prelude to resource wars is actually happening now,the wests meddling within the Middle east, Chinas expansion plans throughout the far east and Africa, are setting the stage for the next Global conflict.

But if you are expecting the type of world war that we had in the last century,thats not the way its going to be.

Each nuclear armed power knows the problem of escalation to be cataclysm,from which they will shy away,get used to the term 'hybrid warfare'

However,this does not mean there will not be a huge loss of life,which may or may not be the objective.

The powers that be know that the worlds population needs thinning out,which parts of that world is open to debate,but expect the conflicts to occur in those regions.

Religion ,particularly Christianity and Islam.

I dont think you'll need to google it :yes:

I'd like to assume that is a joke.

no joke, just a person who listens to the thousands of scientists who have been banned from the left wing propaganda machine, scientists who know the truth but are being silenced, scientists that wont take the shilling (grants) and become believers in the scam.

read up on the vostok ice samples.

its called weather or climate, it goes up and down, its gets cold, or it gets warm, Southern California is now going through its usual cycle after years of drought, we had a mini ice age 300 years ago, way before the industrial revolution.

I bet you have panels on your roof.