New Shoot Near Sheffield?

Danger-Mouse

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A few miles further north than Tankersley, but have any of you chaps done any shoots at Mount Farm Sporting Clays?

Based in Woolley Edge, Phil who owns the golf course there often does a number of different events on the neighbouring farm. I was down earlier this month for the first in his winter series FITASC shoots.

Phil is a hell of a nice guy and puts on a great shoot and the facilities in the golf clubhouse are top notch.

Edited by grrclark

Any details or a link to this plz??

Come off the M1 at J35A and take the A616 towards Stocksbridge. Almost immediately you'll see a layby on the left with a roadside cafe in it. Pull in there, the entrance to the shoot is before you get to the cafe.

A few miles further north than Tankersley, but have any of you chaps done any shoots at Mount Farm Sporting Clays.

Based in Woolley Edge, Phil who owns the golf course there often does a number of different events on the neighbouring farm. I was down earlier this month for the first in his winter series FITASC shoots.

Phil is a hell of a nice guy and puts on a great shoot and the facilities in the golf club house are top notch.

Never tried that one I'll have to look into it. Next time you're down give me a shout, it would be nice to meet you for a cuppa or a shoot.

Never tried that one I'll have to look into it. Next time you're down give me a shout, it would be nice to meet you for a cuppa or a shoot.

I shall definitely do that, even if not at Mount Farm I intend to do a lot more shoots in England next year.

Last time it was a double header, down early in the morning for the fitasc at Phil's and then back up to Morpeth that evening to stay over and shoot Bywell the next day.

There is also a local clay shooting club in Woolley Edge as well, but I don't know the name.

I shall definitely do that, even if not at Mount Farm I intend to do a lot more shoots in England next year.

Last time it was a double header, down early in the morning for the fitasc at Phil's and then back up to Morpeth that evening to stay over and shoot Bywell the next day.

There is also a local clay shooting club in Woolley Edge as well, but I don't know the name.

Please do, anything around 50 miles from Sheffield is within normal range for me to go shooting so Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Humberside. I've enjoyed our occasional chats on various topics so it would be nice to put a face to the name.

There is/was a shoot at Woolley Edge but I was under the impression it had closed, maybe I'm wrong though.

Please do, anything around 50 miles from Sheffield is within normal range for me to go shooting so Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Humberside. I've enjoyed our occasional chats on various topics so it would be nice to put a face to the name.

There is/was a shoot at Woolley Edge but I was under the impression it had closed, maybe I'm wrong though.

It would be good to put a face to a name and say hello in person.

As for the Woolley Edge shoot it was Phil that had pointed out where that shoot happens and he is the chairman or suchlike of their committee, although he is no longer actively involved in the shoot itself, so I assume it is still a going concern.

• 2 months later...

Westwood sporting clays (fb) shot ther Sunday only shot sporting 50bird £15 fibre was only good layout staff friendly arrived ther at 12-30 very quiet me an the missis had the whole shoot to are selfs only problem with that was all done in 40 mins, enjoyed it, we’ll be back

• 1 year later...

This shoot is closed, apparently they were operating without planning permission, the local council were conderned regarding the damage that had been done to the woodland wuth tree felling and other issues, appeals were ladged, heard and dismissed, that`s it FINITO.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
18 hours ago, DaveADS said:

Apparently this shoot is no longer operational, the local council refused planning permission, finally shut them down permanently,

It was broken into regularly and kit stolen. Many years ago it belonged to my RFD.

But yes permanently closed now. 

The Boar is still open on the Woodhead pass. As is the one at Glossop off the A57(registered shoot)

But for value, Sycamore, 50 bird, £15 and a rifle range. Every Sunday morning. Run by Howard Turner of ex Arthur Turners gunsmiths.

Load Brook, 50 bird, £15. Closed currently as its game season.

Beacon Rod, £10, 40 bird every second Sunday. 

Anybody fancies a shoot that's local let me know I'd be happy to meet up. My son and myself are always (usually) the first round Sycamore on a Sunday 0930. Have the place to ourselves and no queues.