Gun fitting wanted south coast

Sussex gardener

Hi guys,

I'm looking to have myself measured for gun fit so that I have something to work with when purchasing a new shotgun. I'm tall and slim so normal dimensions are not ideal. I was planning on getting a Rizzini made to measure from W Horton but I would like to know if I have other options regarding make etc.

I've contacted a couple of gun shops locally and they were less than helpful and a bit ruff and ready for my liking. I also contacted a gun maker, but surprisingly they don't do gun fitting and suggest I use the London shooting school (a long way out of my way and London scares me!)

So, I'm looking for a good gun fitter, along the south coast of England, between Eastbourne and Truro as I will be travelling to Cornwall on the 17th so can call in, or in East Sussex on a weekend.

Any help much appreciated

Sorry to say that you may well find yourself travelling towards the metropolis in order to find what you are looking for.

It will not be cheap but may well turn out to be a sound investment.

I would suggest the West London Shooting School, here is a link to their prices;

http://www.shootingschool.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Tariff-Card-2015-2016-WLSS-1.pdf

So not within the M25, this is getting better!

How long did the gun fitting last?

I did a two hour gun fit/100 clays shoot, it was on a special at 100 odd quid.

I was surprised how much difference there was in the LOP on my gun and what they said was the optimum LOP, I adjusted both of my guns and the difference in accuracy was vast.

you could try Diamond Shooting Services in East Sussex. http://www.diamondshootingservices.co.uk/home

or John Jeffries (hpx perazzi) also in East Sussex. http://www.perazzihpxshotguns.com/chokes-stocks-triggers-and-services/

the guy from Diamond finishes the hpx's.

I've not had a gun fitted by either of these guys, just know they are local in East Sussex.

Sorry to say that you may well find yourself travelling towards the metropolis in order to find what you are looking for.

It will not be cheap but may well turn out to be a sound investment.

I would suggest the West London Shooting School, here is a link to their prices;

http://www.shootingschool.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Tariff-Card-2015-2016-WLSS-1.pdf

Are you allowed to charge different for men and women in this age of equality laws?

Both West London Shooting School and holland and hollands are inside the M25.

Both are very good but I'd say WLSS is the better of the two

Get yourself to WLSS, I would highly recommend Daf aka WelshWarrior.

Dont be scared of London, just because its barely inside the M25 doent make it London!

Northolt is a piece of **** to get to, you would only be within the M25 car park for a few miles and if you go outside 0600-0900 or 1600-1900, you wouldnt even know youd entered the dark side(literally :innocent: )

Personally I went to H&H and saw Chris Bird.

best thing I did.

It involved try gun, shooting at the plates and then altering try gun to get the correct dimensions than shooting various clays where you then also get advice if you struggle etc.

So you in effect get a lesson as well

Holland and holland? Sounds expensive to me. Probably cheaper to fly to Italy and spend a couple of days there and

Visit essenvira at gardon or Portugal and see Manuel Ricardo.

In the south west give UK gunrepairs a call. They are based in somerset near exmoor.

A mate went to H&H to have his mk 70 fitted. It cost him just under £500. Not as dear as I imagined it would be.

My fitting session coat around £160 I think about 5 years ago and they gave me a set of measurements and said go to a local gunsmith to get it done as would be cheaper.

I am lucky to have Chris Tanner nearby (ex Gallyons).

Mine only needed minor alterations £70 or so to lift the stock up as I basically need a Monte Carlo trap stock on my game guns

Holland and holland? Sounds expensive to me. Probably cheaper to fly to Italy and spend a couple of days there and

Visit essenvira at gardon or Portugal and see Manuel Ricardo.

In the south west give UK gunrepairs a call. They are based in somerset near exmoor.

Well, as I linked to the price list, please supply a link for flights, hotel and expenses that come in lower than their price.

I have used a few in the past ... and friends have used Holland and Holland been to both Italy and Portugal etc. to have guns fitted.

In my opinion it is a process not to be rushed, the best I have found to use is a gunfitter and stocker/gunsmith combination. Atkin Grant & Lang in Hertfordshire have this combination as they are also gunmakers.

They also use a try gun, then pattern plate, then shoot at clays with the try gun etc. The stocker then makes the required modifications to your gun, you go away and then come back after you have shot about 1000 shells, then re-checked on pattern plate, shoot at more clays. Then any minor adjustments to your gun are made if required, this process carries on until the Gunfit is perfect.

If you require more in depth details and contacts PM me as their service is extremely competitively priced indeed, for a lot more care and knowledge in my opinion.