ID wads

Fully?? No! Hence the lesson!

Basically the third one can be used on a parallel tube case the others have to be used on a pressure formed case due to the width at the bottom. Wider one creates a seal, the others done due to the shape of the case.

Number 3 is a Snia wad which I'll use.

So much to learn about reloading, bit by bit I'll get there.

Guest cookoff013

Top Tip.

Get a recipe and buy the correct components for that, trying to use random odds and ends usually ends up with more hassle than they are worth.

its a secret handed down from generation to generation.

Guest cookoff013

Have now got a recipe or 2 to use.

Seemed a shame to be given a load of wads and just throw them out. Glad they'll be used!!

used in a way that could be dangerous. if you find data, then thats cool. but dont bodge anything together and have any acceptable quality compared to a highly tuned factory shell.

used in a way that could be dangerous. if you find data, then thats cool. but dont bodge anything together and have any acceptable quality compared to a highly tuned factory shell.

I'll be using the snia wads, the others are going to mecman who knows what he's doing!

As for a bodge, no thanks!

Baby steps for me!

Where is the danger or the bodge Walt will be using the Snia in a parallel case and I will be exchanging others for fibre wads to use in compression formed cases.

I know that everyone likes to save a quid but if you are just starting out in particular, for the sake of a couple of pence each, I think you are better off buying a specified wad rather than cobble something together with obsolete freebies.

Hang on, maybe I've missed out some info.

I've spoken to clay and Game, ordered new wad, cases etc and will use them first I think.

After been given some wads, and after checking what they are, and that they're suitable for the cases I've got to use for reloads, I'll use them when I get the necessary data.

I was never going to use any wad that I didn't know what it was, was never going to chuck a spoon full of powder in a case and bodge it and see what happens.

Some people are very quick to assume!!!

Guest cookoff013

Hang on, maybe I've missed out some info.

I've spoken to clay and Game, ordered new wad, cases etc and will use them first I think.

After been given some wads, and after checking what they are, and that they're suitable for the cases I've got to use for reloads, I'll use them when I get the necessary data.

I was never going to use any wad that I didn't know what it was, was never going to chuck a spoon full of powder in a case and bodge it and see what happens.

Some people are very quick to assume!!!

you do understand cobbling loads together still happens, we assume the worst because we have still little evidence to go on as to the "safety" of the aformentioned components in shells.

we`re going to assume you are a new relaoder who has just bought a joblot of "antique" wads.

while i do thank mecman for helping out his fellow reloader. thats what the forum format is about, passing on experience.

homeloads have 6 variables, 2 variables which are quantity variable and not to mention shell closure.

and you wonder why people are quick to assume....

i`ve tested alot of shells, bodged whatever together, created some shells too. some spectacular failures too.

we are just trying to keep you safe. afterall you are part of our shooting comunity and now you are part of our reloading comunity.