Broken Stock Help/Advice

norfolkboy84

My brother managed to break the stock on this Powell boxlock. Wondering if it can be repaired or is it a case of a new stock? The guns not worth much but has some sentimental value, so don't want to scrap it but also don't think I can justify some of the prices I've been quoted for restocking.

Would cascamite hold? Or is the break too bad?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Photos to follow.

recently broke stock on aya yeoman in a similar place...only sentimental value but tried to repair with gorilla glue and cascamite both times lasted about a week....a tradesman mate suggested CT1 superfast adhesive plus.... was expensive, shot a good few shells through it a month later its and its still solid....just a possibilty, then pin it..just a suggestion....atb....misser

Depends what sentimental value you put on it

Before you think about fixing it remember that it's a GUN and any future failure could have disastrous consequences

Personally would buy a really nice bit of wood and get a pro to re stock it

Then you have a head turning sentimental heirloom

Just me

All the best with your decision

Of

He dropped it I'm told. God knows how!

Think re stocking is the general consensus. Either a spring project for me or a professional.

Any idea how much I should be paying?

He dropped it I'm told. God knows how!

Think re stocking is the general consensus. Either a spring project for me or a professional.

Any idea how much I should be paying?

You have nothing to lose by trying to repair it. I would go for a couple of sixteen inch hardwood dowels or even metal studding to give more purchase for the glue. Drill oversize holes so so lining up won't be a problem and you can match the two halves. Fill with glue and strap it up tight with a couple of splints.