If You Were Resricted To One Type Of Fieldsport ???

marsh man

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely pigeon shooting. I do clays but to be honest find it all a bit dull and don't like the weekend shooters with all the gear that think they are shooting in the Olympics. It's great to be outside watching the seasons change and getting to know the land. No contest!

Definitely pigeon shooting. I do clays but to be honest find it all a bit dull and don't like the weekend shooters with all the gear that think they are shooting in the Olympics. It's great to be outside watching the seasons change and getting to know the land. No contest!

+1 on all that, Clay's today looked a bit like a fashion show/spot the squire.

Although had a perfectly good shoot and the **** taking in our group was as per usual amazing.

Wildfowling for me , but as I get older walking any distance is getting a problem. Not so keen about evening flight , I like to see the birds , not dark shaddows , but to have a flock of wigeon or teal working into a decoy rig in broad daylight is for me sheer magic. Pigeon shooting would be my second choice.

Wildfowling for me , but as I get older walking any distance is getting a problem. Not so keen about evening flight , I like to see the birds , not dark shaddows , but to have a flock of wigeon or teal working into a decoy rig in broad daylight is for me sheer magic. Pigeon shooting would be my second choice.

With this being a pigeon forum , pigeon shooting is always likely to be top this so called poll , although I am not surprized wildfowling is a close second , where you prefer mornings , I am the other way round with evenings being my number one choice for the simple fact my body take a hour or two in the morning before it begin to function normal , well as near to normal as possible :lol:

Wildfowling, and Roebuck stalking during the off season if that is allowed ?

I have consulted the rule book and with you being a member for more than 10 years plus wildfowling is your first choice , the verdict, by a unanimous decision is ........ yes it is allowed :good:

For me it would have to be double handed punt gunning, with me being the gunner and someone much younger and fitter being the "engine".

Excellent choice mudpatten , and if I was much younger and fitter I would have loved to be your engine .

Our double punt was 21 foot and to pass the time of day , two of us would row with the tide up the river Yare about 8 or 9 miles , then row across the New Cut which was a good 2 miles , then down the river Waveney which join up with the Yare, which by then the tide would be ebbing and then carry on rowing back to our boat shed so time we got back we had rowed around 20 miles , oh to be young again .