The Great British Shooting Show

elz

I went to the show today and it was fantastic! Excellent demo's by Chris Green and Ralph Skripek on decoying and field cooking.

The lad that was meant to come with me couldn't come in the end so I have a ticket going if anyone wants it for tomorrow £15.00

Well its all over for another year bar the shouting . For some exhibitors it will take a couple of months to see if it was worth while .

For my self it will be the last show I will ever work on a stand ,answer the same questions and ask people not to touch guns on display where clearly labeled as "Please do not touch".

I would say that the organisers were great , helpful and always there to do the best they could for the exhibitors unlike the management of other shows I have been at .

Dont know where the bargain hunters were though as we had some guns at real knock down prices but no great interest shown .

Went there on sunday with my wife, we probably didn't cover /everything/ but we did spot a few nice bargains, mostly on SxS and hammer -- perhaps that's the bits I was 'looking at' tho. However I *really* can't buy another gun, I've promised I'd get rid of one before I get another!

Did buy a lovely knife tho, *I* think that's a bargain, if it's really made in London and not in china. Bought all kind of other things as well, even bought a pair of loake's. I think the entry price for visitors is a bit too steep tho -- I mean, WE are the punters, and £40 for 2 people is taking the mickey, especially when we know they are squeezing the people with stands as well...

• 2 weeks later...

I skived off work and had a good mooch around on the Friday. Bought a couple of bits-n-bobs but nothing 'spendy' like scopes etc. Ammo was more expensive than I pay locally so didn't bother with that. Wanted to buy some .270 bullets for my mate to load up for me but the silly moo on the only stand that had what I wanted was insisting that heads had to go on my ticket as if they were loaded ammo ! Hence no sale there either.

One thing that did strike as odd was the way that BASC seemed conspicuous by their absence. Other than The Game Fair this is probably the biggest gathering of shooters that happens in the UK so where were BASC ? No doubt some internal politics had a bearing on the matter ?

Edited by Longstrider