High Seat Plans

Lothian Gun

• 2 weeks later...

Single or double seat? If single just build it round an old plastic school chair, bolt the chair onto the frame.

Also found this on a different forum.

for a seat 600mm wide, a footing 300mm wide and 600mm long so you can stand and turn around. The height from the footing to the top of your seat should be 430mm. The height of the shooting rail can vary but it can serve as arm rests. I use a height of 530mm which is a good compromise. I build everything in 300mm multiples. Its easy for the hardware store to use their drop saw. I have everything cut and then assemble on site or at the house in fold down in the suzuki with the main ladder section on the roof rack and attach on site. If you need to build very light and can forgo the shooting rail, I can build these in 55 minutes.

These both were built onsite. The overhang of the ladder at the top still provide a point of contact to turn around and sit down. Height is 2.65m to the footing. The eye level sitting is 3.85m from ground level.

Edited by ShootingEgg