weres it going wrong

single barrel

hi guys, well i must have knocked on 25 farmers doors this week and all to no avail.

im polite and curtious always attend tidly dressed,a tidy motor fully basc insured so weres it all going wrong.

im looking to offer my services of free pest control with both shotguns and hw100 airgun for close quaters work around barns and pens.

ive got buisness cards made up that i leave with them incase anything changes for them in the future.

i am fairly new to it all but have been out shooting a few times on other peoples perms and try to improve my skills at the clay grounds, any help on how i can inprove my chances would be greatfully appreciated

Go back on a regular basis. It takes seven exposures for most people to hear an offer, appreciate it's value and trust the seller enough to make a purchase. Most salespeople stop after five contacts. Also check your local Fieldsports association and Wildfowlers clubs. Some of them have permissions you can shoot.

I sympathise with your predicament. It must be horrible not being able to secure permission to shoot.

All you can do I keep trying. Maybe it is the way you are approaching farmers. I find it better to find out who owns the land that is currently being predated by pests and ask to shoot that place. Just going around cold calling is far less effective in my opinion.

I have other tips, but I am not willing to share those...

I think this is a totally different thing to being a salesperson.

Go back on a regular basis. It takes seven exposures for most people to hear an offer, appreciate it's value and trust the seller enough to make a purchase. Most salespeople stop after five contacts. Also check your local Fieldsports association and Wildfowlers clubs. Some of them have permissions you can shoot.

cheers ehb102

I sympathise with your predicament. It must be horrible not being able to secure permission to shoot.

All you can do I keep trying. Maybe it is the way you are approaching farmers. I find it better to find out who owns the land that is currently being predated by pests and ask to shoot that place. Just going around cold calling is far less effective in my opinion.

I have other tips, but I am not willing to share those...

I think this is a totally different thing to being a salesperson.

cheers motty

Im away fora few days with school hol's going to see grandkids give me a call in a couple of weeks and might be able to arrange a day out for you..

thanks very much hawkeye for the great offer I will give you a shout in a few weeks, much appreciated mate

Why don't you get yourself down a few local countryside pubs regularly, get to know the local farmers. Make buddies over a few beers (win/win situation), and I'm sure when they gain your trust, doors will open.

cheers foxbuster,