Greetings from Cheshire

Hi all,

Thought I would introduce myself. As the username suggests im Dave from Cheshire.

I have been watching shooting videos on YouTube for quite some time and really fancy getting into mainly pigeon shooting initially and maybe progress onto other game when the time arises.

Completely new to hunting, and shotguns, done some airsoft in my teens but gave that up years ago.

Thanks

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, I am based near Stockport, Greater Manchester, and am about to purchase my first Air Rifle. One reason that I have joined is to read any advice on whether to choose .22 or .177. I am planning to shoot in my back garden, so I need something quiet to avoid annoying my neighbours. Also, I am hoping to find some places where I could meet other shooters. Having retired from work I think that now is the time to develop this new hobby. I have been enjoying the forum and have already found lots of good advice. I was pleased to read up the explanation of parabolic trajectory. Especially the method of determining the 2 zero points in relation to .22 or .177.

I am looking forward to becoming involved and enjoying my new venture.

Yes. my choice is as follows:- 'The quieter model in the Stoeger range would be the X20 with built in suppressor (for noise reduction) at £150.00 or the ATAC version at £179. Both models come with scopes. If we can be of further assistance do call us'... So I thought that tha gas ram would be the same as the springer, without the inherent vibration which the springer suffers from. Please agree/ or disagree. Regards .

Yes. my choice is as follows:- 'The quieter model in the Stoeger range would be the X20 with built in suppressor (for noise reduction) at £150.00 or the ATAC version at £179. Both models come with scopes. If we can be of further assistance do call us'... So I thought that tha gas ram would be the same as the springer, without the inherent vibration which the springer suffers from. Please agree/ or disagree. Regards .

You need to carry on with this in the Airgun section by posting a new topic with your questions that way you'll get a better response as this is Daves intro post.