A Valentine's Day proposal

spandit

A friend of ours has a show cocker who is currently in heat. She's keen to let her have a litter as it can avoid health complications in later life (according to the vet) but the stud dog didn't show any interest. We have a working cocker who has incredible stamina (according to a dog trainer he'd have made a great sniffer dog) but a lovely temperament and a couple of great big balls :D

I'm not a great fan of purebred dogs because I think the lack of genetic diversity is detrimental (our cocker is a pedigree and has a fairly low inbreeding score but it's not zero) and the show cocker doesn't have a certificate anyway so having a mongrel doesn't worry me (if a mixture of show/working cocker counts as a mongrel).

Would be lovely to have a dog with a slightly less energetic manner that might be steadier in the field but it would be primarily a pet.

It's thrown us a bit as we already have 2 dogs and weren't planning on replacing either of them so quick but there is NO WAY we could turn down a puppy from our own boy. He is 10, though and still a virgin :) so not a done deal that it will happen (although I've seen him get very interested in bitches on heat before, much like his owner :D :D :D)

jarvis_1.JPG