Any welders on the forum

foxbasher

I've got a cebora pocket MIG 130 (same as the snapon) that I need a new clapper arm assembly for but the part is rarer than rocking horse poop at the mo. The one on the welder is plastic and susceptible to breaking, does anyone know if I could make a new one from aluminium instead or does it have to be plastic???

Cheers, fb

I'll try them in the morning but have had no luck so far, I've googled it and called every company on the first three or for pages of search results with no joy. When the part was available it was only £20-£30 but from what I could find the last few sold for just over £100. Hence I was thinking of making one out of aluminium but didn't know if it had to be plastic for a reason. Does it have to be insulated?. Some of the earlier models look to have had a steel wire feed assembly.

Edited by foxbasher

I tried them too but they couldn't supply the part. It seems the company that used to make it have stopped and now there's loads of people after them and there aren't any! The part appears to be a very common part to fail. I'm starting to look at the cheap plastic ones on eBay to see if I can adapt one of them to fit somehow

Edited by foxbasher

Shame it states;

"

This Clapper Arm Assembly is fitted to the Cebora Pocket Mig Turbo 130, Snap-On 130 mig machines.

This Part Is No longer Available"

Shame it states;

"

This Clapper Arm Assembly is fitted to the Cebora Pocket Mig Turbo 130, Snap-On 130 mig machines.

This Part Is No longer Available"...........Should have gone to...... :cool:

Well that looks like they are rarer than rocking horse poop.

That's the part. My main concern about making one out of aluminium is that I didn't know if I had to be insulated. Being that it's in contact with the wire and attached to the machine case. Would this lead to me getting zapped, seems to be becoming a bit of a habit when I do any diy electrics at home

Edited by foxbasher