Cut Cover Crops

Herringn

There's a pigeon shooting page on Facebook I joined recently and I couldn't believe the amount some people are shooting on maize covers at the moment.....a group of 8 guns stood in front of 1,165 was jaw dropping!

I'm itching for the opportunity to knock up some decent bags again!!

Motty, sounds like you've got the potential for one of your bumper days.

Despite me seeing these huge clouds of pigeons, until something changes I don't think I will manage to get a good bag. They certainly don't seem to be in any kind of hurry to feed, and seem totally indifferent to any kind of decoy set up. The very skittish nature of these birds is pretty frustrating.

Despite me seeing these huge clouds of pigeons, until something changes I don't think I will manage to get a good bag. They certainly don't seem to be in any kind of hurry to feed, and seem totally indifferent to any kind of decoy set up. The very skittish nature of these birds is pretty frustrating.

I have had that on cut maize for the last six days when I have watched decent numbers in the area just piddling about. I have never even set up as I knew that the scenario would be one bang and they are gone.

when i used to live near Lynn..in the early 70's....i came into Lynn on sat' morning down Knights hill and at the bottom of the hill on the right hand side was a field that went back to a carr..........this particular morning it looked like a field of lavender in full bloom.....you could walk from one side of thye field to the other walking on pigeons and not touch the ground...............

that was in the days when there were pigeon trappers with mortars and nets ...that used to contract out to clear them...........