BASC Council Elections.

Kalahari

I have decided to put my head above the parapet and stand for the Welsh seat in the forthcoming BASC Council Elections. If you are entitled to vote (BASC member living in Wales I think) I would be very grateful if you would read my pitch which appears under my real name of David Seager. I would like your vote as well but that is your choice.

Voting papers will appear in the next "Shooting and Conservation" or you will be able to vote on-line, when voting opens, if you are registered for access to the members area of the BASC.org site. Registration isn't too onerous and is worthwhile for the other information that is accessible there.

Many thanks,

David.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided to put my head above the parapet and stand for the Welsh seat in the forthcoming BASC Council Elections. If you are entitled to vote (BASC member living in Wales I think) I would be very grateful if you would read my pitch which appears under my real name of David Seager. I would like your vote as well but that is your choice.

Voting papers will appear in the next "Shooting and Conservation" or you will be able to vote on-line, when voting opens, if you are registered for access to the members area of the BASC.org site. Registration isn't too onerous and is worthwhile for the other information that is accessible there.

Many thanks,

David.

Well I look forward to your election address with gusto, I would like to think that most of the basc official go into it for the long term with the interests of the membership at heart, sadly this isn't always the case, I wish you the very best of luck.

As one of the longest standing members of Pigeon Watch who has known and shot with David for several years; I fully endorse him as an excellent candidate and would encourage other PW members to vote for him in the BASC Council elections when voting papers are delivered.

webber

Hopefully not taken as a dig, as that wasn't what was meant, just a bit miffed about the HQ secret squirrel regime! Any way good luck in the elections :)

No not a dig, just a statement of fact. Thanks, for the good wishes.

Thanks for your good wishes too John.

David.

Edited by Kalahari

Many thanks,

David.

Hi David

I am also standing for BASC Council this year for a National seat.

I hope you get the support of PW members, naturally I hope I also receive support.

We are both offering ourselves for all the right reasons, hopefully we will both succeed and be able to work closely together.

In answer to the question reference the "upset" of some months ago I would suggest that it is still in the hands of the legal fraternity and that nothing can be said that may upset fair play for all parties involved.

Looking forward to an exciting few weeks ahead.

Regards

Terry

Gosh Terry, do you think they are ready for us!!!!!!!!!! :no:

Seriously, very best of luck.

David

I am positive that with the support of our BASC Friends on Pigeon Watch we will both be able to fulfil our aspirations to the benefit of the Pigeon Watch members and the wider Shooting community.

Good luck my friend

Regards

Terry

Hello All .. It has been or will have been by the time the AGM of Basc comes round 12 months and us the membership will be entitled to a full explenation of the Problems that arose and why Richard Ali and two others were suspended on full pay ! We will also want to know the full cost of this action and the cost of all the legell ramifercations that followed . By the AGM I feel BASC is duty bound to come clean and not keep us the members in the dark any longer .

And as terry put ..." In answer to the question reference the "upset" of some months ago I would suggest that it is still in the hands of the legal fraternity and that nothing can be said that may upset fair play for all parties involved.""

What about Fair play to us the members after all we are funding this out of our subs ,,,Cash that has built up to be used to protect shooting out of our pockets is going into the deep hole of Solicters and Barristers and proffesionel law firms pockets .. We have a RIGHT to know fully on this issue at the AGM 2017 ! ALSO more than 12 months after the event I might add !

Riptide

Edited by riptide

Hello All .. It has been or will have been by the time the AGM of Basc comes round 12 months and us the membership will be entitled to a full explenation of the Problems that arose and why Richard Ali and two others were suspended on full pay ! We will also want to know the full cost of this action and the cost of all the legell ramifercations that followed . By the AGM I feel BASC is duty bound to come clean and not keep us the members in the dark any longer .

And as terry put ..." In answer to the question reference the "upset" of some months ago I would suggest that it is still in the hands of the legal fraternity and that nothing can be said that may upset fair play for all parties involved.""

What about Fair play to us the members after all we are funding this out of our subs ,,,Cash that has built up to be used to protect shooting out of our pockets is going into the deep hole of Solicters and Barristers and proffesionel law firms pockets .. We have a RIGHT to know fully on this issue at the AGM 2017 ! ALSO more than 12 months after the event I might add !

Riptide

Very well put, unfortunately you and I and other members are seen as an easy cash cow.

Hopefully not taken as a dig, as that wasn't what was meant, just a bit miffed about the HQ secret squirrel regime! Any way good luck in the elections :)

Riptide

Precisely what I was meaning in my first post, I am a long serving BASC member and at the very least I would have hope for some form of communication from the permanent staff who I help to fund at BASC HQ!!

Many thanks,

David.

Hi David

I am also standing for BASC Council this year for a National seat.

I hope you get the support of PW members, naturally I hope I also receive support.

We are both offering ourselves for all the right reasons, hopefully we will both succeed and be able to work closely together.

In answer to the question reference the "upset" of some months ago I would suggest that it is still in the hands of the legal fraternity and that nothing can be said that may upset fair play for all parties involved.

Looking forward to an exciting few weeks ahead.

Regards

Terry

Let the hustings begin!

What are your views on BASC's role in the training of shooters? Are the existing somewhat 'shallow' courses (this is NOT a criticism as many are very good and fill a need) sufficient, or should there also be something more comprehensive/in depth? Does BASC perceive that there is currently either a demand or need for such? I ask with regard to back in the 80s when there was a full time Education Department which was in full swing and doing sterling work.

Let the hustings begin!

What are your views on BASC's role in the training of shooters? Are the existing somewhat 'shallow' courses (this is NOT a criticism as many are very good and fill a need) sufficient, or should there also be something more comprehensive/in depth? Does BASC perceive that there is currently either a demand or need for such? I ask with regard to back in the 80s when there was a full time Education Department which was in full swing and doing sterling work.

All I will say on this matter is, that as a BASC Coach and Assessor I believe in the Coaching Courses and the Coaching lines and have always strived to keep the very high standard of lesson that is given.

BASC will always listen, and, as with many other organisations strive to improve.

I cannot comment on any other subject until I know and understand what and how things happen.

Along with David (and I did not know David was standing for Council and David was not aware of my interest) we want the very best for BASC and of course it members.

For myself all I can promise at this stage is this, if elected I will try my hardest to represent the Shooting world to the very best of my ability.

Terry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-39120542

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/former-north-wales-top-cop-12670440

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4268276/HR-boss-pro-shooting-group-claiming-unfair-dismissal.html

This litigation case is reported countrymans weekly this week as well.

I do hope you guys realise what you getting yourselves involved as I understand things this is the tip of a very large iceberg which is just starting to pop out of the water!

I hope you asked the the Chief Executive the appropriate questions to insure your financial safety should you become members of council and you will have the appropriate insurance cover.

Twag

Edited by TWAG

Hi D you need to make sure you know exactly what you're getting yourself involved in. By the look of things you're going to be clearing up somebody else's mess.

Not pushing forward a positive agenda for your passion of shooting.

Have you asked them to disclose to you what litigation is on going and your exposure to it should you join council?

If you do not get a detailed and comprehensive truthful answer you need to air on the side of caution as a director you could end up being liable for all sorts of penalties.

They need to be open and transparent eight months of total silence is not acceptable.

Twag

As you may know I am also standing for Council, but not against my good friend David "Kalahari"

The position is for member of Council, this is a completely different status from being a Director.

Any information relating to what has happened has to be confidential due to legal process, but all will be made clear I am positive in the fullness of time.

Edited by bakerboy

The position is for member of Council, this is a completely different status from being a Director.

How wrong you are.

You have a legal right to know what you are about to get involved in they do not have to tell you the detail. They have a responsibility to let you make the decision in the fullest of knowledge that the job you are about to volunteer for could be somewhat challenging!

Twag